This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2013 3:25 AM by StacyK16 RSS

Error code 97?

PVDREAM1 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I can receive texts but I cannot send them.  I have called 5 times and Sprint has no clue what error code 97 means.  I have been told maybe there's a block on my account but they can't find one.  I have had the phone reset and programmed, taking out the battery is not helpful, and I even had it replaced with a totally different Evo..and it IMMEDIATELY had the same problem.  I don't want to cancel Sprint and I paid a lot of money for this phone but not being able to send texts is a problem.  Please don't tell me to call tech support because I have...5 times. 

• 1. Error code 97?
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

PVDREAM1,

Sometimes this can be caused because of an issue on our end, I'm going to send you a private message for further assistance.

• 2. Error code 97?
    Knuckledrag Newbie

I have been getting this error code for the last 3 days as well. I would guess around 75% of the text's I send get this error code. I also get alot of network busy errors when trying to make a phone call, and my incoming calls do not come through.

My zip code is 33901 and I have never had a single problem until 3 days ago. Beyond frustrating at this point.

• 3. Error code 97?
    fireguy_6364 Master

have you tried any of the usual fix attempts? battery pulled for 2+ minutes, power it back up and update your profile and prl?

• 4. Error code 97?
    Knuckledrag Newbie

I have tried them all several times with no luck. I was out of town and used 4G for the first time and ever since then I have had the problems. No idea if that is connected to the problem or not just throwing it out there.

• 5. Error code 97?
    PVDREAM1 Newbie

Knuckledrag,

I feel so bad for you because you have a LONG road ahead.  Shane (the person who replied) has been one of the only people at Sprint who has been helpful.  I have talked to 20+ employees (some have taken notes, some haven't, so I had to explain the situation a million times to different people) and NO ONE has a clue about those error codes.  Mine has finally been escaladed to an engineer, who also seems to have no clue.  It's been happening for over a month and I'm also losing calls and I get the "network busy" when I try to make calls sometimes, too.  I wish I could give you an answer - when I get one, I will pass it on to you ASAP (IF I get one).  I really would hate to cancel but I can't keep dealing with this with no answers.    There is no simple solution - my whole phone was wiped, reprogrammed, and then they even sent me a NEW phone, which makes it seem (to me) like a network issue that has nothing to do with my phone.

• 6. Error code 97?
    Knuckledrag Newbie

Ouch, I am not looking forward to any of that. Strange that it worked flawlessly since October 2010 and now all of a sudden it won't. I appreciate your response and will return the favor if I get any type of resolution on my end. Any chance you are in SW Florida?

Thanks again for the response.

• 7. Error code 97?
    PVDREAM1 Newbie

Nope - South Carolina.  Mine worked great until a month or two ago.  And my cheap phone worked just fine before I got an Evo.  We don't have 4G here yet.

• 8. Error code 97?
    fireguy_6364 Master

also wanted to throw out there that there has been a huge change up in reception and data coverage. you might want to go back in and take a look at your areas. odds are its a network issue. where im at  im supposed to be in a great 3G and reception area. unfortunatly for over a month now data has been all over the place. most of the time i would be happy with even roaming data speeds...i dont even get half that at times. so you never know really. havent recieved the error code you guys have seen. but its a thought.

• 9. Error code 97?
    PVDREAM1 Newbie

Mine isn't roaming but my coverage has been terrible - they said it's because they're switching the towers from 3G to 4G but said my texts shouldn't be doing this (and they don't know why it's happening).  I had to get an Airwave so I could have more than 1 bar in my house but disconnected it in case it was causing the text problems - it wasn't.

• 10. Error code 97?
    fireguy_6364 Master

wish that was the issue in my area lol. 4G would be great. 2 other people in my fam have sprint and live in the same town as i do. one had to get a airave because her reception dropped to nothing at her home where it used to be at least 3 bars. the other fam bam member usually got 1-2 bars at his house but never had any issues with data...now he is better off just smacking rocks together. there has been a rumor that sprint is switching over to some differnt kind of towers since they lost use of some of the others when their contract was up. but again its just rumor.

• 11. Error code 97?
    LFTNBASC Newbie

Hello, I have the same issue with my EVO 3D plus other issues and waisted 18 hours with the Sprint run around this past week.

Went to Sprint repair. The same day other issues showed up and they wanted me to go back to the shop 2 hours later.

They will not fix this. They have network issues. They will not give you a stright answer. They are banking you will put up with their bs.

They will not provide you with an incedent report.

If I get fired from my job for not responding to text messages from my employer when I'm on call, there will be a law suit.

Contacting the FCC tomorrow.

Purchased sprint-survey.com today.

• 12. Re: Error code 97?
    miskellr05 Newbie

I am also getting this issue on my LG Rumor.  Any news on when this issue will/can be fixed?

• 13. Re: Error code 97?
    Bonnie9693 Newbie

I also was recieving error code 97 called sprint 20 minutes on the phone no fix.With a little research i found the fix for my EVO LTE

login wifi go to settings sofware updates then Update profile after that is done update PRL Problem fixed! Hope this helps someone else

• 14. Re: Error code 97?
    clawdaughter Newbie

I just started getting this same Error code today. I've attempted to update profile only to receive the error code again. If I try it while connected to WiFi I get a message saying vDM Client has stopped unexpectadly. I was already on the phone with Sprint help for at least an hour to no avail.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points