This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2011 2:26 PM by nucklehead1234 RSS

credit check/deposit requirement problem

nucklehead1234 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

went 4 weeks ago on this website to look at what phone i wanted because i was going to purshase at bestbuy and was told by customer support on the chat feature i should run the credit check to see if i would be approved. did this and NO deposit was required. went to bestbuy aug 6th and was told i needed a $100 deposit.. no problem , so i went to get prepaid CC. went back on aug 12th and was told i now needed $250 deposit. bestbuy sales rep was flabbergasted. so he called sprints credit dept. to find out what was going on. he was informed that sprint ran my credit check on 3 seperate occasions AFTER i was already approved for $0 deposit. then proceed to explain that each credit check was against me,

my question is does anyone at sprint have the authority to waive the deposit requirement when it is clearly sprints fault i need? or do you not want new customers?  btw i 'was going to get' the motorola photon AND the multimedia dock AND the car dock AND the keyboard, way to ruin a sale sprint

• 1. credit check/deposit requirement problem
    kjm12 Regular Visitor

they can wave the deposit requirement, they did for me(im 18 with no credit), just call sprint and ask to speak with the credit department or an account manager/supervisor (they have the most power) , make sure you specifically tell them that you were promised no deposit and they should work it out with you.

• 2. credit check/deposit requirement problem

i tried customer service on this website and called cust. service, and called sprints credit dept. everyone of them said they did not have the authority ? 

• 3. Re: credit check/deposit requirement problem

Hello hello   hello hello hello

[...]echo, still no answer from sprint?   funny how they never answer in these discussions

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed profanity

• 4. credit check/deposit requirement problem
    kjm12 Regular Visitor

I dont know what to tell you, after being transfered around a few times i got to the right person i guess, he was an account manager, he called the credit department for me and asked to get it waved and they did.

• 5. credit check/deposit requirement problem
    Loveangel12 Newbie

The whole prccess in adding a line to sprint is ridiculous and keep in mind that in order to get other lines added you need to pay your bill on the due date AND IF NOT you will not be able to add a line in the further example if you bill is due on 8/19/11 and you pay on that monday 8/22/11 12months later you will not be able to add a line. when my contract is up i will not be dealing with sprint . just a little fyi

• 6. credit check/deposit requirement problem

the incompetence in these multi-billion dollar companies is really staggering. i sent a message to mapesy 1 of the spint.com admins and recieved a copy of my message back with a request that i ASSIST nucklehead1234..... MYSELF?????????????    third graders could run a business better than this. IM DONE

• 7. credit check/deposit requirement problem
    mapesy Sprint Admin

Nucklehead1234,

Private messages are just that.  Private. That means when I send something to SprintCares, you, in  effect, receive a blind copy when I cc you.  If you have not heard from them by now,  let me know.

• 8. credit check/deposit requirement problem

forget it. if it takes this long to resolve something this simple, i feel sorry for actual customers that have problems/ mistakes on their bills. i have,,, been on the phone with customer support TWICE,  i have been on the phone with sprints credit dept,,,, TWICE,  i have emailed customer support, i have been on the customer support chat feature on this website, i have private messaged a "sprint admin" on this website, i have started this discussion, i have started a discussion on sprints facebook, everyone i've talked to puts the responsibility on someone else... of coarse no one can tell me who i should talk to. because i have yet to find a single competent sprint rep. in a nutshell i have wasted about 10 hours of my life. the correct answer to my original question is.... SPRINT DOES NOT GIVE A FLYING *%&@ ABOUT CUSTOMERS... PERIOD,,,END OF CONVERSATION.... mark this thread as answered and have a nice day

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points