This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2011 9:31 AM by 14KNIGHT RSS

can i sell my phone if..........

DIVINE2SHINE Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

can i sell my phone if my account has been suspended because i didnt pay the bill? somebody wants to take over the phone on their own plan , will this work ?

• 1. can i sell my phone if..........
    timjohn7 Regular Visitor

If your account is suspended your are still legally responsible to pay the balance due. BUT You can do whatever you want with your phone.  If they un suspend you and you have no phone , then your just without a phone and your paying for service your not getting. Hope that helps.

• 2. can i sell my phone if..........
    DIVINE2SHINE Newbie

yeah but the person who wants it WHICH IS ME im speaking on the other persons point of view , just wants the phone and i pay it off on MY ACCOUNT not his . like a phone swap on our plans he can put my phone on his account and i take his on my account BUT i cant do that becaus ehis account is suspended , you get it ?

• 3. can i sell my phone if..........
    DIVINE2SHINE Newbie

and can sprint just cancel his account over a certain time period ? so the fone can just be free no bills attached to the esn .

• 4. can i sell my phone if..........
    timjohn7 Regular Visitor

Just because his account is suspended doesn't mean anything.  All you have to do is go to a Sprint store let them know he's giving you his phone, or you can call customer care and tell them you need to do an ESN Switch, and they will transfer that phone to your account and it won't be on his bill anymore, but he will be responsible for his balance, plus termination fees 200 per line, or less than that depending on how far in contract you are.  Collection Charges, court costs, attorney fees can also be imposed.

• 5. can i sell my phone if..........
    DIVINE2SHINE Newbie

thanks alot !

• 6. can i sell my phone if..........
    Levi4u Master

No you can't. The phones ESN would be flagged and would not be able to be activated on any Sprint account until the balance due is paid.

• 7. can i sell my phone if..........
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

An account with Sprint requires that an phone be on the account at all times until canceled.   If the account is cancel in good standing you can give away or sell the device.   If there is a balance owing on the account, account actions are frozen and the device cannot be removed from it.  It would not be released until any outstanding balance is paid in full.

Levi is absolutley correct on this.   Stars 90 is incorrect in that if the account is suspended  the store nor customer service can swap any devices on or off the account.   So we cannot swap your phone on to their account or move their   phne to yours.  

hope this helps

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points