9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2011 11:20 PM by MarMar_SF RSS

Error 34

MarMar_SF Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

What are these error codes?  I'm constantly receiving this error 34 when txting.  If it's not this error, I get another message indicating SMS must be force closed.  This occurs quite frequently and the time stamp issue is annoying as the conversation jumps all over the place.

• 1. Error 34
    robotaholic Gold Expert

Do you get error 34 when you are sending out a text at the same time as receiving one because I get that message too. It should resend the text just a few seconds later.  Are you using the default text messaging application or a 3rd party app such as Handcent or GoSms?  Do you have pretty good signal strength or at least a few bars or do you ever see a roaming symbol in the notification bar?  I just need a little more information.

thank you

-John

• 2. Error 34

I get the error when I send the text and I use the default app.  Not third party.  I know the text us sent right after but its giving me messages of force close too often now.  Signal strength would be excellent and I don't see the roaming bar

• 3. Re: Error 34
    robotaholic Gold Expert

If you will private message me your phone number, I will refresh your device.  Then you can test it out and see if that fixed it.

A refresh wont fix "force close" errors though.  You can try clearing data out of the messages application.  That shouldn't delete your text message history.  menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all/messages/clear data

-John

• 4. Error 34
    robotaholic Gold Expert

Please remove your phone number from that post.  It is against the posting policy on this website due to security concerns.  I intended for you to just private message me with that information.  But now that I have your number, I have refreshed your phone and you should see the "preparing service" message on your screen shortly.  If you would like, please clear data on the messaging application like I indicated on my previous post. 

I do hope that resolved the problem! 

Please reply back if you continue to have trouble. 

Thank you

-John

• 5. Error 34

I cleared the data in messages app but it crashed over 5 times last night and came to a point where I got a blank screen and the phone completely froze.

• 6. Error 34
    OMEGAFRITZ225 Newbie

Do you happen to have an airrave at home? if so thats whats causing the error I had constant errors 34 and insuifficient radio priviledges errors whenever my airrave was on.

• 7. Error 34

Nope... No airrave around.

• 8. Error 34
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

This may be the same issue being reported here ~

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/332619#332619

Are you in the same area? Same state even?

Tom

• 9. Error 34

Looking at your zipcode, I'm in a different state.  I can send/receive txts after error messages clear, but it's somewhat ridiculous to receive such error messages in the first place.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points