5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 1:54 PM by abe2020 RSS

Forgot Password Pattern On Lg Optimus S

martinez7654321 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I Fogot My Password And I Don't Remember My Gmail Accont Username Or Password. Please Help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1. Forgot Password Pattern On Lg Optimus S
    BeaArthur Bronze Expert

At this point you may need to reset the phone back to the factory default settings. Please note: this will erase all of your information including contacts, messages, settings, etc.)

First turn your phone off.  Pull and re-insert the battery if necessary.  Then hold the volume up and home buttons and press the power button at the same time.  The recovery mode allows you to factory reset the phone.  Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and push the menu button to make your selection.

• 2. Forgot Password Pattern On Lg Optimus S
    beliving Bronze Expert

Y'all Sprint folks suggest resetting the phone a little too quickly, imo.  Wouldn't it be better to first try an alternative, and reset only if necessary?

Martinez, go to Google from a computer and reset your password.  If you forgot your username, you can retrieve that as well (as long as you have set up a recovery email address).  Then you will have the username and password for your phone.

If you have forgotten your lock pattern, and forgotten your username, and forgotten your password, and have not set up your recovery email address, then you may need to factory reset.

• 3. Forgot Password Pattern On Lg Optimus S
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

If your Google account is locked use this URL to unlock Google

https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

If you forgot your Google pw use this URL to get the password

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery?continue=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F.

Reset your phone, if above steps doesn’t work.

Hope this helps

Abe

• 4. Forgot Password Pattern On Lg Optimus S
    beliving Bronze Expert

Thanks Abe, that's great information.  I truly appreciate your effort in helping folks, and going the extra step of inserting the relevant links.  That's customer service well above expectations.

On a side note, the comment "Please note: this will erase all of your information including contacts, messages, settings, etc.)" could use a little more clarification. 

Your contacts and email messages are only erased from the phone, but they remain in your Google account.  Once you link your phone back to your Google account after a reset, you will have all the contacts and email messages back on your phone.  Text messages and settings can only be retrieved if you have backed them up prior to a reset, which is probably not likely.

• 5. Forgot Password Pattern On Lg Optimus S
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

beliving  thanks for the update/side note.I was hoping that my first  steps should resolve the issue, but in case, yes, Factory reset will erase all info from the phone and like you mentioned "Your contacts and email messages are only erased from the phone, but they remain in your Google account.  Once you link your phone back to your Google account after a reset, you will have all the contacts and email messages back on your phone.  Text messages and settings can only be retrieved if you have backed them up prior to a reset, which is probably not likely".

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points