This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 4:03 PM by halcyoncmdr123 RSS

Frequent txt messages from 9016

MarkEinSTL Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Out of nowhere today, I've started getting txt messages from 9016 that look like this:

9016 [3:46 PM]:
//ANDROID:Provisioning successful  CFGv320c.0=07cj5kfu4el//CM
9016 [3:49 PM]:
//ANDROID:${from} has sent you a Sprint Voice Message.  Call ${callbackno} to listen.  CFGs1840.0=1054dcf3b678d1549e61u5n2D0jA//CM
I use Google Voice and have for years, I've never used the Sprint voicemail.  Can anybody tell me what these are and why I'm getting them every few minutes.
Thanks in advance for your help!

• 1. Frequent txt messages from 9016
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

9016 is the short code Sprint uses to communicate with your phone. The default SMS app is supposed to hide these so if you have another app for SMS they will show up. Are you using a third-party SMS app?

• 2. Frequent txt messages from 9016
    MarkEinSTL Regular Visitor

Not using another SMS app although SMS also goes to Google Voice.  I'm using the Photon 4G, which is a TREMENDOUS phone, but every once in a while gets a little wonky.  Maybe it just didn't catch the messages. 

Thank you for the answer!

• 3. Frequent txt messages from 9016
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

So you have integrated with Google Voice (your Sprint number is your Google Voice number)? Or do you have two separate numbers? Does the SMS message show up in the Messaging app AND the Google Voice app?

• 4. Frequent txt messages from 9016
    SMACKFREEK1 Regular Visitor

go to the market and get the SPC app and add 9016 to the blocked numbers and you wont see it again

• 5. Frequent txt messages from 9016
    delong.colin Newbie

I just started getting this too after I installed Cluzee...Pretty creepy and annoying.

• 6. Frequent txt messages from 9016
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

SMACKFREEK1 wrote:

go to the market and get the SPC app and add 9016 to the blocked numbers and you wont see it again

While that would probably work it won't fix the issue, it just hides it from you.

There are a couple of things that can cause this. Any sort of third party messaging app can cause weird issues like this or if something becomes corrupted for some reason. The messages are normally intercepted by the voicemail app before they get to the messaging app, but if something is not working correctly the voicemail app can miss the message, so it will instead appear in messaging.

1. Open the Sprint Voicemail application

2. Press Menu and choose Compose

3. Record a message that is ~2-3 seconds long, it can be longer but doesn't need to be.

4. Send it to activate@vvm.sprintpcs.com

5. Within ~15 minutes your phone will re-register with the Visual Voicemail server and the messages should stop appearing.

That should fix the issue most of the time. This method is similar across all Android visual voicemail phones, and even the Samsung Instinct devices. Blackberries and iPhones have a completely different method.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points