1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 5:34 PM by AbdulG_Chicago RSS

10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10

Enhancements/Fixes: 

- CDMA Settings

- Dialing International voice calls with 1+ while on the Sprint network

(dialing from the US) and while in domestic roaming mode

- Sending SMS messages with more than 160 characters

- EAS PIN support

- Email marker to indicate if a message was replied to or forwarded

- Voicemail issue associated with phone number swaps on existing devices

Important Notes

- The software version is KRNS-X4-1.1.10

- The upgrade takes approximately 7 minutes to apply

- Refer to the Motorola XPRT™ Software Updates blog for install instructions

• 1. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    RobbyRinMN Newbie

I have done a factory reset on my phone and this update still fails.  It downloads OK and installs, reboots.  After reboot, is tells me that the update failed...

• 2. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    Moto_Mark Regular Visitor

Press the @ button when you see the Triangle and ! and then put the error you see in this thread.

Mark

Motorola Support

• 3. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    RobbyRinMN Newbie

I don't ever see the triangle and ! unless I do a reset with the R&M button.  Is that what you are talking about?

• 4. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10

So there isn't a point at which the install stops and has a ! and Triangle? It completes the progress bar and reboots on its own? Have you modded or rooted your phone in any way? If you don't see that screen it would be helpful to have your MEID so that we can look at your logs and see why it failed. Are you a member of Motorola Forums where I could get your MEID or would you care to share it here with a Sprint Admin so they can share it with me?

Mark

Motorola Support

• 6. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    ilikedroidphones Newbie

Hello,

I just performed this update today, and the update proceeded without issue, but after the phone restarted when the update completed my wifi no longer will turn on. If I go to settings and click the box to enable wifi it says "error." So now I have a useless phone. Wifi worked great to download the update. So what gives?

Thanks

• 7. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    jjfadjjfad Newbie

My Sprint XPRT downloaded the update, and I think the install got interrupted or something. So now I have a phone that did not install the update (still on 4.1.15) and if I try to re-download the update, I get the message:

An update is currently being downloaded.

You will be notified when the download is complete.

I have read on other fora that one way to solve this issue is to reset the phone. I would rather not do that. Any other suggestions? Has Sprint made the .apk file available so I can download it and install it manually? Thanks.

• 8. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    mb76 Newbie

After the update I'm having the same issue as ilikedroidphones with the Wifi giving me the 'Error' message everytime I try and enable it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

• 9. Re: 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    rblizz Newbie

Not happy. Successfully "upgraded" my XPRT and I thought everything was okay -- GPS seems smoother -- but the talk qaulity dropped noticably. Calls now sound tinny and I am now getting echo almost every time I call other Sprint users -- even in strong signal areas. Tinniness and echo were problems with my Treo (but only in weak signal areas), it had NEVER (not once) been a problem with the XPRT until after the upgrade. Very disappointed now with my phone.

Is there any way to "downgrade" back to KRNS-X4-1.1.5 firmware? If not I'll have to take the phone back. To me the main purpose of a phone is for calling. I'll trade GPS quality for talk quality any day.

(I should mention, I have NOT rooted my XPRT or modified the firmware in any way. I only clicked on the "Upgrade" notice and followed instructions.)

• 10. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    MarkM-Texas Newbie

I am also having the issue with the WiFi no longer working after loading the latest s/w update on Friday 10/14.  Unfortunately this is a de-activated phone (XPRT) that I was going to use as WiFi only, so with this device, I no longer have a way to communicate with the Internet without WiFi.  I will need a file to upgrade or downgrade and tether with a computer.

I have tried resetting to factory defaults twice, but it still goes to "Error" when I attempt to turn on WiFi.

• 11. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10

@ilikdroidphones, mb76

1. Try starting the Sprint Zones application and see if it loads.
      1. If it loads then attempt a Profile and PRL update in Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Update
      2. If it doesn't load try putting the phone in Airplane mode temporarily and then try again
    2. If PRL and Profile Update then try to turn on WiFi again and see if it will initialize.

@MarkM-Texas

The above steps likely work for you as you need an active phone. Give it a try though.

@rblizz

There is no downgrade option. Do you have your phone set to Any CDMA or Sprint only for the current mobile network? Does the audio change on speakerphone or with wired or bluetooth headset?

If you have outgoing audio issues...

Do you have a case on the phone and is it possibly blocking the front or rear microphones? If you cover the main microphone while talking it could affect call quality as the ambient noise cancellation would then pick up your voice and try to cancel it out.

Mark

Motorola Support

ilikedroidphones wrote:

Hello,

I just performed this update today, and the update proceeded without issue, but after the phone restarted when the update completed my wifi no longer will turn on. If I go to settings and click the box to enable wifi it says "error." So now I have a useless phone. Wifi worked great to download the update. So what gives?

Thanks

• 12. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    MarkM-Texas Newbie

Moto_Mark,

Thanks for your assistance.  I'm assuming you mean to go to the Sprint Zone app on the XPRT (not a Windows desktop application). When I get to "About", it only has the option to Check for Update, and that fails, I assume since I have no Internet connection.  Does it sound like I'm looking in the right place? 

• 13. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    rblizz Newbie

Moto_Mark wrote:

@rblizz

There is no downgrade option. Do you have your phone set to Any CDMA or Sprint only for the current mobile network? Does the audio change on speakerphone or with wired or bluetooth headset?

If you have outgoing audio issues...

Do you have a case on the phone and is it possibly blocking the front or rear microphones? If you cover the main microphone while talking it could affect call quality as the ambient noise cancellation would then pick up your voice and try to cancel it out.

Hi Mark, thanks for the response.

The phone was set to the default "Any CDMA" but I have now (at least temporarily) set it to "Sprint Only." Which is better? I don't use a bluetooth device or wired headset, but the audio remains (remained) the same with speakerphone. As for outgoing, I never had a problem until the update and haven't changed my usage patterns.

HOWEVER, I also posted on the Motorola Support forums and was advised to do a cold reset, which I've done. I did have two cache errors when I reset the phone ("E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command" and "E: Can't open /cache/recovery/caller"), so this may have been the issue. Two test calls so far and sound seems better -- though they were both short calls, so I want to do more testing before declaring "all is well." At least it's encouraging so far.

• 14. 10/13 - Motorola XPRT™ Software Update  - KRNS-X4-1.1.10
    mb76 Newbie

Hi Moto_Mark,

Thank you for info, but a question about the Profile and PRL update. I'm currently in Australia on business, so since I am currently outside of Sprint's coverage area is there any way for me to be able to update both the Profile and PRL since I am basically roaming on the networks of the various Australian telcos here?

Best reagrds,

m.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...