This discussion is locked
1 116 117 118 119 120 189 Previous Next 2,820 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2013 3:50 PM by MALANIS21 Go to original post RSS
  • 1,755. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    nsaladin Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

Yeah what about when your connection to data services sucks everywhere? at home and in the whole metropolitan area of denver colorado... Several cities and dozens of zip codes... getting below dial up speeds... slower than a 2G tmobile phones connection

• 1,756. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

Sprint has a lot of network data capacity upgrade in the Denver area planned in the next 6 month (I know 6 month is a long time). https://network.sprint.com/CO/Denver/ Hopefully a Sprint employee can give more info on when the improvement will be made.

• 1,757. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    davecndn1 Regular Visitor

Yeah seeing is believing ill believe it when I see it

• 1,758. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

I saw the upgrade difference in my area (Miami) about 5 month ago. Then when this tool came out my local tower had 1 voice upgrade, 2 data capacity, and 2 speed upgrade in the last 6 month. I did see the change if not I would not have post about it. I still understand your point hopefully you see it soon.

• 1,759. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Valued Member

only problem with that statement is this is a forum on the iPhone 4S, the iPhone 4S was not out 5 months ago.

In any case, if you are correct, then I hope they do something in my town cause its miserable.   61701

• 1,760. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Fehriba Regular Visitor

IMG_0296[1].PNG

On hold with customer service. Been on hold for over 45 minutes. Continue to get the same statements: "It's a known issue that Sprint and Apple are looking into", "We are scheduling tower updates", "Somebodies looking at the towers"... No resolution.

One more time for the record... I would NOT recommend anyone moving to Sprint. I wish I had never signed a contract with them. I wish that I had been able to test my service at work before the 14 days was up. (Unexpected baby delivery 2 weeks early). The customer service and Sprints dealing with this issue has been frustrating. It seems like they just keep pointing you back and forth between technical and customer support until you give up in frustration.

I realize that this post may be deleted but I understand that is Sprint's right. I am posting to Sprint.com. But my hope is that other's that are considering Sprint would be diligent before making my same mistakes because of it.

381163 Views 1,747 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 11:14 381163 Views 1,747 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2011 11:14

I am in Troy, MI 48084 and get on average .30 Mbps from 8am to 6-7pm. BTW, not just an iPhone issue a coworker sitting next to me gets the same speeds on his Epic.

Still holding...

IMG_0297[1].PNG

And it continues:

IMG_0299[1].PNG

Over an hour and a half on hold and and two hours in total.

Guess I give up at this point. You win Sprint....

IMG_0300[1].PNG

Hanging up after being on hold for over two and a half hours. Let that be a warning to those considering Sprint. This is a sample of their customer service. Just one sample, but a sample. I'd love to hear other's war stories of being on hold.

Just blows my mind. How can ANY call center/customer service org allow a person to be on hold for over 2 hours? "Sorry it's been over an hour sir, can we get your number and call you back?" - that would have been nice. I so wanted to believe and support the little guy Sprint. I wanted to be your champion, your evangelist. I had hope in you. FAIL

• 1,761. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Bigbearks70 Regular Visitor

Just for kicks I did 2 speed tests at 5:10 PM and 5:26 PM respectively.  The 5:10 one was outside my office building and the second one was inside the building.  Good results both times.  And 5 PM is a time where the connection is slower than usual judging by the other posts.

• 1,762. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Bigbearks70 Regular Visitor

pic 003 is outside, pic 004 is inside

• 1,763. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Fehriba Regular Visitor

I agree. If they would just take the phones back and we walk away amicably I would be satisfied. I'd even consider coming back once they have the LTE network up and running. In the mean time my goal is to inform others and become a greater liability to them as a disatisfied current customer than as a satisfied ex-customer. Fortunately I have ample data to back up my dissatisfaction. Hope to join you soon. =)

• 1,764. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    MGman61 Expert

You DO know that many Sprint iPhone users are NOT having problems, right? (Probably should have said "most"). I personally know two new Sprint 4S owners happy as pigs in ... ummm... mud. It's because the problems seem isolated to some iphones, some areas OR some iPhones in some areas (compounded) that Sprint has taken so long on this. Not really an excuse for them, as we are going on many weeks for this issue, but shows why it's complicated. If they know what the problems are they sure as **** haven't come out with any statements of explanation on the matter or let everyone know what exactly they are doing to fix it. Not a very good way to keep your customers if this is the precedent they want to set with their big iPhone coming out party.

lovesprint1 wrote:

No point really in even wasting your time.  There is nothing they can do because it is just plan and simply the sprint network's speed.  There might be some slight upgrades in different cities within the next year.  But at the end of the day it will not get much better. 

• 1,765. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    EnjoyingSprint Regular Visitor

The problems are more than they are less.  Its not the phones either.  Its the 3G network.  When my old HTC Hero, my new Iphone 4S, my wifes Samsung Epic, my Samsung Epic Touch (b4 the return) and my cousins Evo 3D are all getting around the same 3g data speeds of 100kbps to 500kbps.......this tells us its the network.

Im glad you or your friends have had no issues or having slow 3G.  Good for you.  We will never know how many people are having these issues and complaining because sprint deletes the posts and bans them.

By sprint even doing that, it shows they are serious complaints and they will do what they can to keep that info from getting out.

• 1,766. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Liquid-X Regular Visitor

It's funny that the phone Sprint heavily invests in to/bet their entire company in to, is the very same phone that comes back to break the company. Now they are losing more customers than ever - new and long time customer.

• 1,767. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    EnjoyingSprint Regular Visitor

I thought about that also.  Found it pretty ironic.  How much did they spend for the iphone? 20 million or billion?  Either way, to dang much.  they should have put that money into their network and customer rewards/loyalty.  Or even into customer service training. 

• 1,768. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Liquid-X Regular Visitor

lovesprint1 wrote:

It might get better in the next two years because of the LTE network.

LTE wil have NO effect on the iPhone's data speed because iPhone's are not a 4G device - you can wait 10 years after LTE rollout and still no difference. However, their so call "tower upgrades" might give you steady/small boost of speed. Actually I take that back.... Every "tower upgrade" (all over the US) that has been completed over the past few months, has only made things worst.

• 1,769. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    ReallyReallySlow3G Regular Visitor

I couldn't agree more, sprint should have stuck with crapy phones for their crapy network. iPhone owners are high end tech people who spend money each year to UPGRADE. I started out with the fist iPhone on ATT and everytime a new iPhone came out it got faster and faster. Now I made the mistake of ignorantly jumping on a family plan with my wife on sprint when I upgraded to the 4s. For the first time ever my upgrade actually downgraded my phone. I think that is what really makes us angry. Paying for an upgrade and premium data service and getting speeds slower than I got 3 years ago on my iPhone 3g. 3 iPhone models later, I get screwed. Now I'm stuck and all I can do is help other from making the same mistake. (and pray the sprint goes to evdo rev b)