This discussion is locked
1 58 59 60 61 62 189 Previous Next 2,820 Replies Latest reply: Aug 14, 2013 3:50 PM by MALANIS21 Go to original post RSS
  • 885. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

boe_d wrote:

Idz21 wrote:

Can u post the proxy hack?

I can't claim credit for the hack - you'll find this in a few places on the web.   It works for the Sprint Epic Touch 4G among other phones but I do not have an iphone 4s to tell if this hack is applicable to the 4s.   I can tell you, I was thrilled I found it as it almost makes speeds tolerable as it is 2 to 2.5 times faster.    Almost tolerable until I run speedtests on my friends phones who have other carriers that get 4 to 10 times the speeds I get (even using a hacked phone).  

However, if Sprint was willing to pay me to diagnose and fix their infrastructure, I'd be happy to do so.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch/121885-how-increase-sprint-epic-4g-touch-3g-4g-data-speeds.html

This is interesting. I wonder if the iphone is using different ports that all the other devices.

• 886. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    michaelg_1970 Newbie

Just got off with Sprint customer service.  I was going to request to return the phone, but decided I would hold off until thursday. 

When I spoke with the representative, they clearly know their is a widespread issue with the iPhone.  The rep proceeded to say that they are working to resolve the issues by region and asked where I was located.  He asked me to the the ##update# (which I have done every day) with no improvement.

He said his supervisor wanted to speak with me, who proceeded to tell me they are aware of the issues and 'it will be fixed by noon on Thursday'.  I dont believe him and think they are just trying to hold people as long as possible until a) they find a solution or b) customersare stuck with ETF.

I also made sure to tell him that I am constantly getting GRPS indoors and poor 3G service outdoors.  I told him I just ran a test and got 50 kbps, which is horrible compared to my EVO which just got 250 kbps on a test run at the same exact time.

In the end, I have until Friday to return the phone with no ETF.

Everyone needs to call in and complain.  Without calling, there is little incentive to do anything...

• 887. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Regular Visitor

michaelg_1970 wrote:

" or b) customers are stuck with ETF ".

I think you've nailed it. If these phones aren't returned within the 14 day period Sprint will not budge on the ETF. For those you wanting to "stick it out" hoping your speeds will improve - do yourselves a favor, return your phone now before the 14 days are up. Once the problem is fixed (if the problem is fixed) go get another one.

• 888. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Coney718 Regular Visitor

People are saying AT&T speeds are so much better but thats definitely not the case for me. My AT&T iphone 4 speeds are **** most of the time. Off peak hours its ok but anytime during the day its extremely slow. I put my phone on EDGE just to get anything done because many times 3G just times out. AT&T is notoriously bad in NYC, all my friends with AT&T say the same thing so I know its not just my phone. Even with all the complaints you guys are posting here im still going to try the Sprint iphone when its back in stock. If its bad then I'll return it but hopefully the situation will be resolved by then.

• 889. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    marcman0713 Regular Visitor

Is anyone that has returned their phone still monitoring this board? I returned mine and was credited for the hardware, but was told that the applecare would be credited at the end of my statement cycle. Doesnt really make sense since I cancelled the entire line and shouldnt even get a statement. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

Also, switched to AT&T and couldnt be happier. Sorry Sprint, I really wanted you to work out well

• 890. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    facke02 Regular Visitor

Yes, I returned my iPhone on Saturday.  I was told that Sprint is just a reseller of AppleCare and that Apple has to do the refund. I spoke with Apple (Sprint connected me) after I returned my phone.  They are sending me a check for the refund.  Apple said they couldn't refund through Sprint.  We'll see what happens.  They gave me a case number to follow up with.

You also need the iPhone serial number before specking with Apple.  Good luck.

marcman0713 wrote:

Is anyone that has returned their phone still monitoring this board? I returned mine and was credited for the hardware, but was told that the applecare would be credited at the end of my statement cycle. Doesnt really make sense since I cancelled the entire line and shouldnt even get a statement. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience?

Also, switched to AT&T and couldnt be happier. Sorry Sprint, I really wanted you to work out well

• 891. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    Jcs33 Regular Visitor

Hey how fast did they put the money back into ur card? They told me I couldn't get back into my card for some reason... And I payed with my card when I preorderd.. I have to wait 2 weeks for a check..sucks ***

• 892. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    facke02 Regular Visitor

I preordered as well with a credit card. I took mine back to a corporate store and they swiped my card giving me a refund for the phone.  I'm waiting for Apple to send me a check for AppleCare +.

Jcs33 wrote:

Hey how fast did they put the money back into ur card? They told me I couldn't get back into my card for some reason... And I payed with my card when I preorderd.. I have to wait 2 weeks for a check..sucks ***

• 893. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    facke02 Regular Visitor

The issue has made front page of Macrumors...  Let's hope it gets resolved.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/24/sprint-and-att-working-on-issue-with-iphone-data-speeds/

• 894. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    bellowsfactor Newbie

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

in Miramar FL area, call Sprint and they told me nothing down in the network, and this is what i got...

Thanks Sprint charging the $10 permium date on iphone

photo.PNG

• 895. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    boe_d Bronze Expert

facke02 wrote:

The issue has made front page of Macrumors...  Let's hope it gets resolved.

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/10/24/sprint-and-att-working-on-issue-with-iphone-data-speeds/

I'm hoping whatever steps they take to fix the iphone slow speeds (if they take any) will also benefit those of us on other smartphones with crappy Sprint speeds.   Not sure why Sprint isn't embracing EVDO rev B as long they roll out LTE - no real expense to Sprint and it helps their remaining customers.

• 896. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    boe_d Bronze Expert

bellowsfactor wrote:

iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful

Thanks Sprint charging the $10 permium date on iphone

Don't worry - sprint charges all of their smartphone users a $10 premium for the "rich" data experience they "enjoy" on Sprint.

• 897. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    3020fjr2 Bronze Expert

This wont work for everyone (since some might actually be in an overloaded tower) but the PRL has been the one that has been causing problem for some check this forum http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/358412#358412 that why some people see improvement after they dial the update code. Coming from a Sprint employee  PRL ver. 31001 is causing issues. PRL ver. 51082 is not the issue. Hope this help some of you.

Message was edited by: 3020fjr2

• 898. Re: iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    MARK_13456 Newbie

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1553732761.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1553741279.png

It's not just the iPhones, ever since like 1-2 weeks ago, I can not get an upload above 0.11Mbps most of the time now it's - 0.02Mbps Upload. I am using a 3G Modem, Rev-a, 100% on a single T-1 tower. In MN - 55987. The service has become unusable lately, I can surf the web, but anyhting like gaming, youtube is absolutely impossible. My normal speeds were Download 0.70 - 1.27Mbps and Upload 0.46Mbps. This connection has been like that for 2 years and now this **** happens. I can't do ****, and it sucks. I think it's tower congestion for sure ans Sprint knows their network can't handle it. Return the phones this can't be fixed unless tower get upgraded.

• 899. iPhone 4S on 3G data network too slow to be useful
    BAKAN723 Newbie

I am on Long Island Ny and I have not been able to get speeds above 100kbps on 3g and I have been all through manhattan and most of main land NY with the same result everywhere.  Sprint better do something about this and soon.

1 58 59 60 61 62 189 Previous Next