This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2011 9:40 AM by 14KNIGHT RSS

Unlimited Data Family Plans

SSSSSPrint Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I currently have the Sprint Silver Premiere plan (family plan).  When I access the information about the unlimited data plans for January 2012 they state the monthly cost includes 2 lines and there will be an additional $10 data charge for additional lines.  But it doesn't mention what the additional monthly charge will be for any lines more than 2.  What will be the monthly charge for additional lines beyond the first 2 on family plans?

• 1. Re: Unlimited Data Family Plans
    Denny_D Silver Expert

Sprint's current lowest priced Family data plan is the Everything Family Data starting with 1500 shared minutes, unlimited data and unlimited texts. The plan price is $129.99 for the first two lines, each additional line is $19.99. Each smartphone on the plan will also have to pay an additional $10.00 per month "Premium Data Charge". The plan also includes Any Mobile Anytime where all calls to mobile phones on any network are not charged against your minutes.

Hope this helps

dd

I am an advocate for Sprint, in order for me to comply with FTC rules I must state that I was a SAGE 2011 attendee. Expenses associated with SAGE 2011 were covered by Sprint Nextel Corporation and HTC. My attendance at the event in no way precludes me from speaking in favor or against items of interest to Sprint or HTC.

• 2. Re: Unlimited Data Family Plans
    SSSSSPrint Newbie

Thanks.  I am aware of what the current monthly cost is on the plans.  I was asking if there will be a monthly charge for additional lines starting with the new plan in January 2012 and what that charge will be.  It is not stated, or called out, in the details of the January 2012 plans.  It only mentions the $10 data charge for additional lines beyond 2.  Does that mean there won't be a $19.99 charge per line or is it just not mentioned and everyone on that plan will be unpleasantly surprised with their first bill in 2012 after the plans change?

• 3. Re: Unlimited Data Family Plans
    Denny_D Silver Expert

The Premier program really didn't have plans associated as benefits. If you were on a specific plan then you qualified for Premier. It is true that the Premier plan is ending, however I am unaware of any changes to our data plans. The Everything plans will remain the same.

dd

I am an advocate for Sprint, in order for me to comply with FTC rules I must state that I was a SAGE 2011 attendee. Expenses associated with SAGE 2011 were covered by Sprint Nextel Corporation and HTC. My attendance at the event in no way precludes me from speaking in favor or against items of interest to Sprint or HTC.

• 4. Unlimited Data Family Plans

The $10/line sneaky data charge is for any phone sprint deems a smartphone.   For a 1500 Family Plan and 4 new smartphones.....it'll run $210/mo + all those taxes....around $245....maybe I can do better at T-Mobile.

• 5. Re: Unlimited Data Family Plans
    14KNIGHT Master

If you have a family plan say  everything messaging  the first two phones are covered under the MRC the 3rd phone would be 9.99

If you have a family data plan say 1500 min  the first two phones would be 129.99 a month if either of the phones is a smart phone there  would be a 10 dollar premium data charge for the line   if you add a third line it would be 19.95   and if it is also a smart phone a 10 dollar premium data charge.   This is how the plans are set up

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points