This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2011 5:09 PM by scf48 RSS

Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee

FirstContact Expert
Currently Being Moderated

Sprint Return and Exchange Policy

Effective 9/16, Sprint is updating the return policy for new lines of activation, upgrades, devices and accessories.

Orders placed prior to 9/16/2011 are subject to the policy contained here.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/guarantee/returns_shop.html

Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee

We love our products and services, and we think  you will too.  With the Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee, you can try your  new product for 14 days. If you aren't 100% satisfied with your product  you can bring it back to your original place of purchase within 14 days  of activation and Sprint will:

Refund the device purchase price (as long as device is complete and undamaged)

Refund the activation/upgrade fee (if service is cancelled within 3 days of activation)

Waive the Early Termination Fee (ETF) (as long as the device is returned)

Customers are responsible for all their usage  charges (included but not limited to Monthly Rate Charges, add-ons,  casual or out-of-plan usage and related taxes and Sprint surcharges).

Devices activated prior to 11/14/2011 in Minnesota have up to 30 days from activation to qualify.

Please note that this policy may not reflect the policies of our authorized 3rd-party dealers or retailers.

• 1. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

Did you mean to post a question?

• 2. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    scf48 Expert

I do wonder what the point was.... however I have a question...

Why am I hearing from multiple sources that the 14 days starts upon pre-order instead of upon activation as stated above?  Is that just misinformation floating around?

• 3. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

It is activation.

"If you aren't 100% satisfied with your product you can bring it back to  your original place of purchase within 14 days of activation ..."

http://www.sprint.com/landings/returns/?id16=14%20day%20return

• 4. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    FirstContact Expert

@scf48

@scf48 i guess my point was with the word GUARANTEE in the heading  they people) would read this because all the complaners that neglected to read  their bills or the website about Sprints policy changes inculding the  perks they had, BEFORE blaming SPRINT from poor 3g which is a ClearView problem that built the 3g network that Sprint leases, partner up with or whatever to gobal warming. People were notified well in advance about policy changes , and if they wasnt happy with SPRINT  for a while, this new policy change should of made them Jump overboad  SEPT 16 ( effective date of change) an swim to the competition before they even BROUGHT, RENEWED, EXTENDED OR  WHATEVER WITH SPRINT.

• 5. Re: Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    scf48 Expert

pharaoh0 wrote:

It is activation.

"If you aren't 100% satisfied with your product you can bring it back to  your original place of purchase within 14 days of activation ..."

I just called a Sprint (corporate, not third party retailer) store.  They told me that when you order online, the devices are shipped hot so the clock starts running at the point of shipping, not receipt.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time!), but just telling you what they told me.  It does kind of jive with what a number of other people are reporting having been told by CSRs.  If it's true, it literally makes it impossible to get the phone back in time to not be charged the $36.

Considering my mom's phone's receipt says "Your order was shipped on 10/09/2011" at the bottom of the packing slip, I wonder what that means for her.

• 6. Re: Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

It probably shouldn't matter if the phones are overnighted.  However, if they aren't, that would be disappointing.  I recently ordered the Evo 3D and it needed to be activated.  So, maybe the person was incorrect OR maybe they've changed their policy since I last ordered.

To be safe, I would contact a chat person and get written clarification on what that policy specifically means for your mom.  Then you won't have any doubt.  Good luck.

scf48 wrote:

pharaoh0 wrote:

It is activation.

I just called a Sprint (corporate, not third party retailer) store.  They told me that when you order online, the devices are shipped hot so the clock starts running at the point of shipping, not receipt.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that he could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time!), but just telling you what they told me.  It does kind of jive with what a number of other people are reporting having been told by CSRs.  If it's true, it literally makes it impossible to get the phone back in time to not be charged the $36.

Considering my mom's phone's receipt says "Your order was shipped on 10/09/2011" at the bottom of the packing slip, I wonder what that means for her.

• 7. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    UnlimitedData805 Regular Visitor

If I want to return my phone and cancel service within 14 days.  How do I do so I can keep my phone number if I switch to another carrier?

• 8. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    FirstContact Expert

@unlimited.  First, wouldnt you have to give back that phone first? since you would be cancelling service no ETF should not be charged, but dont think you could keep the number.

i would think, if life was as simple as we want it to be but... go / call the carrier you plan on signing up with, signup, port the number and thats it.. but i see problems that could happen.

SPRINT would probably treat it differently doing that ( since you still would have to give them the phone back, there may be a restocking fee) way and charge you ( in error) for ETF AND the price you paid for the phone ( until they get it back ) and wipe your slate clean.

I think the ETF might be the main problem.

Personally, i wouldnt listen to me or anybody else, i would call sprint first, the carrier second. before i did anything.

• 9. Sprint Satisfaction Guarantee
    scf48 Expert

pharaoh0 wrote:

It probably shouldn't matter if the phones are overnighted.  However, if they aren't, that would be disappointing.  I recently ordered the Evo 3D and it needed to be activated.  So, maybe the person was incorrect OR maybe they've changed their policy since I last ordered.

To be safe, I would contact a chat person and get written clarification on what that policy specifically means for your mom.  Then you won't have any doubt.  Good luck.

She most likely will not be returning, but I promised her that I'd find out when the deadline was.  Now that she has an Airave setup at her house, I figure data speeds should be fast enough for what little smartphone-related stuff she's going to be doing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...