My problem is that I get a text msg that says (the contact's phone number) has sent you a Voice SMS Message. Call 650-603-0000 to listen. If I call that number all I get is a busy signal. First off, I have not subscribed to visual voicemail so I dont know why I even get texts saying I have a voicemail. I do have Handscent SMS version 22.214.171.124 but I have gone into the settings and disabled the default messaging. Again, i dont have visual voicemail on my phone at all so i dont know how to compose a new visual voicemail to send to sprint (like other discussions suggested). I dont want visual voicemail at all and cannot figure out how to get these txt messages to stop coming when I have a voicemail. I want to be able to listen to my voicemails via the widget like i used to be able to do. If i click on the voicemail widget on my phone and go to settings it gives me the option to subscribe becuase right now I AM NOT SUBSCRIBED to visual voicemail. Please help
We need to know your phone model to help. For instance if you have an Evo under Menu>>Settings>>Call>> Voicemail Settings your phone number should be programmed. Also all voicemail is really just a type of conditional call forwarding so we need to see in our servers how it is setup. This access is easiest if you call in and get to technical support. In the IVR if you select data as the problem it should get you through and bypass customer care based on your phone model etc. The diagnostic/provisioning tool we see is your voicemail - no matter what you may have on your device.
Larry ~ OKIESTRO
Make sure that no 3rd Party Apps are affecting Visual Voicemail. Two applications in particular, Go SMS and Handcent have been causing issues with Sprint Visual Voicemail.
* If you have Go SMS you will need to disable the "disable other text notifiications"
3. Update profile by hitting Menu – Settings – System Updates – Update profile (try to leave yourself a VM)
4. Go into the visual voicemail application and compose a visual voicemail message (Hit Menu à Compose) of 5+ seconds and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Test to see if visual voicemail is working again, and if the top 4 items above do not solve the issue, I recommend you call *2 and talk to a Sprint Customer Care Representative. Typically if Visual Voicemail is not working, it’s related to the initial provisioning not getting setup properly.
Here is the solution worked for me on my EVO 3D.
- Go to - Settings/Applications/Manage Applications (be sure you are looking at "all")/Voicemail/Clear data
- This will wipe out your old Inbox messages on the phone but your filesystem will come clean
- Reopen voicemail application & setup your voice mail and you are done.
Credit goes to "metasystech" on xda-developers.com.