1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 10:57 AM by 14KNIGHT RSS

10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3

dshoem01 Gold Expert
Currently Being Moderated

HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3

Enhancements/Fixes

- Security Update

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.08.651.3. 

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 10/25 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 10/27.

-  Refer to the HTC EVO 3D Software Updates blog for install instructions. 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.  

• 1. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    ItsMeee Valued Member

Well since I dont see any negative replys I will try it.

• 2. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    ItsMeee Valued Member

did it, so far so good

• 3. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    underseer Expert

Are there more explicit explanations of what's in the update? I'd like to know if this is something I should do right away out of fear for security matters, or something I can be a lazy bum about.

• 4. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    halcyoncmdr123 Sprint Employee

This fixes the HTCLoggers security vulnerability. A quick Google search should provide plenty of information about the vulnerability. I would recommend doing the update as soon as it is available for your device.

• 5. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    underseer Expert

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

This fixes the HTCLoggers security vulnerability. A quick Google search should provide plenty of information about the vulnerability. I would recommend doing the update as soon as it is available for your device.

Thanks so much for the info.

For anyone too lazy to hit Google themselves, here's a link:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/01/massive-security-vulnerability-in-htc-android-devices-evo-3d-4g-thunderbolt-others-exposes-phone-numbers-gps-sms-emails-addresses-much-more/

Scary stuff. Installing update NOW.

• 6. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    Y2K01HD Newbie

Since updating I can't try to upgrade my firmware, PRL or pri. I get error code 1012???? I never had this problem before this upgrade

• 7. Re: 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    SA_Viper43 Bronze Expert

Error code 1012 most commonly indicates one of the following situations:

• Incomplete or incorrect programming of the device.
    • Incomplete or erred provisioning following activation, ESN swap, or change to the Sprint Vision username or password.
    • The network is busy or experiencing a problem.

To troubleshoot Error code 1012, perform the following steps:

NOTE:  While troubleshooting, if your attempt to log in to Sprint Vision  services fails, wait 20 to 30 minutes before trying again. Three failed  login attempts within a 20-minute period locks your account for 20  minutes. Attempting to log in to a locked account resets the timer on  the lock.

1. Make sure you are in a Sprint coverage area and the phone has two or more bars of signal.
    2. Attempt a phone call. NOTE: If you cannot complete a call, the phone will not provision data services and you will need to contact us.
    3. If the phone was recently activated, wait four hours, and then attempt to log in to Sprint Vision again.
    4. With  the phone on, remove the battery from the phone for one to two minutes.  Reinsert the battery, and then attempt to log in to Sprint Vision  again.
    5. Update your Sprint Vision profile, and then attempt to log in to Sprint Vision again.
    6. If the previous troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue, contact us for further assistance with this error.

NOTE:  It is important that you call from either a home phone or another phone  and request data support. Explain your issue and what troubleshooting  steps you have performed. They will assist you with programming your  phone. Actions that might be taken by a support representative include  re-provisioning or fully resetting your phone, which erases everything  on the phone. Be sure to back up your important information prior to  contacting support.

• 9. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    jenmariemc Newbie

Since installing the update yesterday, my camera no longer works. However, prior to installing the software update, I updated my Profile and PRL. Not sure which one is directly related to the camera not working. When I open the camera itself, no image appears (blank/black screen), the camera menu options are not accessible, and the back button does not work to exit. I have to press the 'home' key to leave the blank screen. When trying to access the camera from a third party app, it causes the app to force close.

• 10. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    WBPOWELL5L Regular Visitor

Update will not install on my phone.  The update downloads.  Ask if I want to install update,  I accept.  Reboots phone and then goes into a hung screen; black background, triangle with a exclamation markt in middle, and a little blue Android.  Just sits there, nothing happens.

I have to remove my battery and restart, but update never installs.

Barrett

• 11. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    bczrx Regular Visitor

I don't know if it is my particular phone or a software issue, but I'm having problems. I will go to the local tech center to see if they can duplicate it and fix it this week.

I have a Seidio desktop docking station and the car mobile dock Sprint sells for my Evo 3d. They worked fine up until sometime last week, I think.

I don't know EXACTLY when the problem began, but in the past couple of weeks I started noticing that my phone didn't charge when it was in either of the docking stations and was in 'docking mode'. In fact, the battery was depleted after hours in the cradle. When I pulled the phone out of either cradle and attached the cable directly to the phone it would charge.

Today I experimented a bit. The same problem was occuring [in both the car dock and the desk dock. So, I plugged my car charger directly to the phone, put it in map mode and observed the battery widget. The battery power level dropped by a percent by the time I got to my destination: about 20 minutes away, give or take.

So, I don't know if it is hardware or software related. It just dawned on me this morning that it could be related to the OTA update. I called Sprint and they couldn't find anything to explain it.

Next stop the Sprint Corporate store for tech support. Arggh!

• 12. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    jithesh Regular Visitor

I am also getting issues with camera as mentioned by jenmariemc.

After the update when I open camera app entire screen goes black. Hardware navigation buttons doesn't work except the Home which exits camera app and takes me to Home.

Did anybody got this issue and resolved ?

I am planning to go to Sprint Store today.

• 13. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    z4ce Newbie

Does anyone know if its possible to revert to 2.08.651.2? I think I have an issue with phone book access to bluetooth devices through PBAP. Before the update my car would show the name of the caller now it doesn't. Makes sense if they increased the security in this update that they would have messed something like that up.

• 14. 10/25 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.08.651.3
    JKTex Valued Member

For what it's worth, I checked for updates last night and found this one.  Let it update.  Done.

No ill effects at all that I've found.  Mine also sits overnight in a HTC cradle and mine still works fine.  Camera works fine.  If there seems to be any differece, it's faster and smoother, maybe, but that's not unusual after a reboot.

1 2 Previous Next