This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2011 6:35 PM by mike.rouillard RSS

airave not working

mike.rouillard Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I got a sprint airave about 4 days ago. It was working fine until this afternoon. Now only the broadbad light is lit green, the other lights are not lit. The airave is connected to a netgear router which is connected to a modem. I didn't perform any special setup, I just plugged the ethernet cable into the airave and the router. Please help! Thank you!

• 1. Re: airave not working
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello mike.rouillard, We normally suggest connecting the airave's WAN port to your modem, then connect your router's internet port to the LAN 1 port of the airave. since it was working, and has stopped, I would recommend conducting a Line Quality test, we need Download speed > 1 Mbps, upload speed > 350 Kbps, QoS > 80%, packet loss < 1%, and Jitter < 5ms. you should be able to use most tests, but I have used this one in the past

• 2. airave not working

Hi,

Everything on the speed test looks good. Should I try reconnecting the airave like you suggested? But if it was working before, maybe I should just leave it alone? The broadband light is the only light that is lit.

• 3. airave not working
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

My airave had that one light on and the other two blinking because the GPS antenna could not get a signal.  If your phone can't get a GPS signal where the airave is connected it is not likely to work.  If gps and mobile lights aren't blinking the device could be hung and needs the reset boutton pushed with a paperclip or rebooted by disconnecting power. 

Good luck. 

Cheers,

• 4. airave not working
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

since you mention that the GPS light is blinking, it may be a problem of not getting a strong GPS signal, as suggested by Panzer06, many of us suggest using GPS test if you have an android phone, it's free in the market and may be able to help you locate a sweet spot to locate the Airave, and/or GPS antenna. you should also consider when the airave lost power/lost internet connectivity/was reset last as the airave can take a couple of hours to initialize. if you do find that you have the device situated in a good spot for GPS, and it still does not work, then you may want to consider holding the reset button for at least 15 seconds to clear/reset the airave.

• 5. airave not working

The gps light is not blink, it is not on ataall. The only light that is lit is the broadband light.

• 6. airave not working
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

Did you reboot or press the reset button on the airave as suggested? 

Cheers,

• 7. airave not working

Yes, I rebooted and reset the device.

• 8. airave not working
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

When you rebotted and or reset the device, did all the lights blink for a few minutes and then broadband stayed solid green and then gps and mobile blinked for several minutes before going off altogether? If so, according to the manual the GPS light should not stay off.  It should be solid green (Ready), blinking green (Acquiring a lock) or solid amber (hdw problem).  If mobile stays off it says contact customer service. 

Good luck to you. 

Cheers,

• 9. airave not working

I'm not sure what it did when I reset it, but the lights are completely off now, accept for the green broadband light. Does airave customer service have an email address?

• 10. airave not working
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

This is all I could find.

http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Samsung/AIRAVE_by_Sprint-dvc1230001prd

Airave tech support at 1-866-556-7310.

Cheers,

• 11. Re: airave not working
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello again, do you use cable, DSL, or fiberoptic? do you use any other VOIP devices/services? did you move the airave to be connected directly to the modem?

• 12. Re: airave not working

I use DSL through comcast. No, I didn't switch the connectiosn yet.

• 13. Re: airave not working
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

I would suggest connecting the WAN port of airave to the internet output from your comcast modem, then connect the router's internet port to airave's LAN1, after doing this hold the reset button for 15 seconds, then from a computer connected to the router (wifi or cabled) go to http://192.168.17.1, the usernname and password are admin. once you are in select setup and change the MAC address from use default, to use computer's mac address, then save the change. after about 5 minutes the broadband light should be solid green, and GPS/Mobile should have started blinking green, VOIP should not be lit. Please try this, and give me the results, your internet access will be restored once the broadband light goes solid green.

• 14. Re: airave not working
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

If the broadband is solid and he has no GPS why would he do these steps because your system won't even see the airave on your servers without GPS being solid?  I don't understand why his GPS light isn't blinking green.  I've never seen it do anything other than solid green or blinking.  Mine only goes off after a reset or reboot and after a few moments it's blinking before going solid. The mobile light sometimes blinks but it's mostly solid too.  

Cheers,

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points