This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2011 7:08 PM by Levi4u RSS

Everything Data Family/Share 1500 - Texting to Canada

ChrisAmanda13 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I currently have the Everything Data Family/Share 1500 plan. Does this include unlimited texting to Canada?

Stay warm!

- Amanda

• 1. Re: Everything Data Family/Share 1500 - Texting to Canada
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

No.Everything Data Family/Share 1500 plan does not include unlimited texting to Canada.$10 Unlimited International Text Add-on (CDMA)   will provide you unlimited texting to Canada, US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico from US.

Hope this helps.

Abe

• 2. Re: Everything Data Family/Share 1500 - Texting to Canada
    Levi4u Master

Sorry Abe, But texting to canada is included in our data/texting plans at no additional charge.

Regardless of whether you're on Sprint or Nextel, text messages sent to and received from CANADA are covered by your plan if it has text messaging included or by a separate messaging plan add-on if you have it (e.g., 300, 1000 or unlimited messages).  If you only have a pool of n text messages to play with each month, then the messages will come out of that pool.  If you go over, you pay $.20 just like for any domestic or international text. Look at these texts just like any other texts you send within the U.S.  If you have a plan that includes unlimited messaging, you can send as many texts to Canada as you like.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/236363#236363

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/221522#221522

• 3. Re: Everything Data Family/Share 1500 - Texting to Canada

I just got off the phone with an Erica from Charlotte, NC. She agreed with Tabitha G., whom I spoke with earlier over live chat.

Texting to Canada is considered international and you would be charged $.20 per text.

• 4. Re: Everything Data Family/Share 1500 - Texting to Canada
    -D4V1D- Silver Expert

ChrisAmanda13, here is the internal documentation we have for text messages for Canada:

Country

Send a message Pay-As-You-Go rate

Receive a message Pay-As-You-Go rate

Canada

Plan, add-on, or domestic Pay-As-You-Go rate applies.

Plan, add-on, or domestic Pay-As-You-Go rate applies.

'Plan' means that if messaging is included in your rate plan, it uses those messages

Add-on is if you don't have text messaging on your rate plan, but add on a message package to your plan

Pay-As-You-Go rates are $.20/msg to Canada if you do not have any messaging plan at all and are billed per message.

Levi4U is correct in saying that text messages sent and received to/from Canada are included in your domestic rates.

Also, here's some verbiage from Sprint.com regarding the simply everything plan (which has the same text messaging package as the everything data share)

International text messages are not included in Simply Everything and are charged at $0.20/message. Note: Text messages sent to or received from a Canadian number are charged at the same rate as domestic messages, according to your rate plan or messaging add-on.

• 5. Everything Data Family/Share 1500 - Texting to Canada

Also, here's some verbiage from Sprint.com regarding the simply everything plan (which has the same text messaging package as the everything data share)

International text messages are not included in Simply Everything and are charged at $0.20/message. Note: Text messages sent to or received from a Canadian number are charged at the same rate as domestic messages, according to your rate plan or messaging add-on.

So that means... I will get charged?

• 6. Everything Data Family/Share 1500 - Texting to Canada

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the International (Canada)

text messages charge.

I apologize for the lapse in communication.  The $129.99 Everything Data

Share 1500 plan is active on your account.  This plan includes unlimited

text messages.  Your account will not be charged for sending/receiving

text messages to/from Canada.

You can treat this email as a confirmation.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to answer your

questions.

Sincerely,

Cindy B.

Sprint

Get the best value for your money & exercise your freedom

to change plans anytime without penalties - we promise!

www.sprint.com/planpromise

Sprint.com is all about you! My Sprint puts what you want to know,

right at your fingertips -- take a tour and sign up today!

www.sprint.com/mysprint

I just got this today, so I want to be 100% clear.

I am texting a Canadian number. I will not be charged $.20 per text due to my current text messaging plan. Is this correct?

• 7. Everything Data Family/Share 1500 - Texting to Canada
    Levi4u Master

Correct, You will not be charged. Send a couple then check on your account page you will see that it is in fact included.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points