5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 12:19 PM by fireguy_6364 RSS

New Android Market update?

Keeem55 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know when is this update will take place? I know there will be a Sprint tab on the new Market page just like the old one... Maybe they are waiting Sprint do their part on this.?..

• 1. New Android Market update?
    fireguy_6364 Master

a newer version of the android market already came out...but was stopped for some reason. i downloaded it through a different site. not sure if this is the new one youre talking about or not. to be honest i liked the old one better. but with the newer one you can buy movies and books it seems. what version do you have currently?

• 2. New Android Market update?
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

Keeem55,

If you're referring to the 3.3.11, normally it will update automatically. However if you're wanting to update right away you can download the .apk file on various sites like this one and there's also Youtube video's on it.

• 3. New Android Market update?
    fireguy_6364 Master

for some reason it stopped getting pushed out to phones a lil while back. unknown why. even trying to update wouldnt show that it was even there. i heard a few different reasons why but as usual they were just rumors. i ended up having to go to that site to get it.

• 4. New Android Market update?
    underseer Expert

fireguy_6364 wrote:

for some reason it stopped getting pushed out to phones a lil while back. unknown why. even trying to update wouldnt show that it was even there. i heard a few different reasons why but as usual they were just rumors. i ended up having to go to that site to get it.

This is a wild guess on my part, but based on complaints I was seeing in user reviews on the new content in the new Market (movies, books, etc.), I think Google decided to pull it to work on bugs. Some people were able to purchase content and THEN discover that their phone would not install the associated media player/reader on their make & model of phone.

• 5. New Android Market update?
    fireguy_6364 Master

im thinking thats what i read before about it.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...