This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 12:46 AM by Squiddish46 RSS

Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.

TON_80 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I am eligible for a phone service discount with Sprint through my employer. Sprint sent me an email with a link to their online discount verification form to my work email. Here's the link to Sprint's Discount Verification page.

http://www.sprint.com/verify

The form asks for:

• Account Holder Name
  • Sprint Wireless Number
  • Email address of your work, university or organization
  • Personal email address

All of this information was entered correctly, but when I submit the form I get the error We're sorry.  Your email domain was not found.  Please  re-enter or if you dont have one, click the link below "No work email  address?"

Now, bear in mind that the work email address domain that Sprint can't find is the exact same email address they used to send me the discount verification form. I talked to Sprint Customer Service about this issue and they told me to follow the instructions for Sprint Discount Program: Applying for discounts by fax or email. Sprint provided 2 fax numbers:

• 913-523-1987
  • 877-687-8211

I prepared all of the documentation Sprint requested for Discount Verification via fax and tried to fax the documents using the first number provided. It rang and rang until the call timed out.

I prepared all of the documentation Sprint requested for Discount  Verification via fax and tried to fax the documents using the second number provided. It rang and rang until the call timed out.

I am now boxing up my phone in preperation to return it to Sprint and cancell the service. Every aspect of my dealings with Sprint has shown that the whole operation, from ordering to support, is inept. I'm sure the return process will be no different.

• 1. Re: Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    robotaholic Gold Expert

I believe when it says it can't find your domain, that means that of all the disounts Sprint offers, none of them are connected to an email address with the domain of your email.  It just means it couldn't find your company.  You will have to submit the fax.  I called the first fax number right now and it instantly beeped just as fax machines do....

-John

• 2. Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    TON_80 Newbie

Thanks John,

The company in question is very well known and has an agreement with Sprint to provide these discounts. The discount was acknowledged by Sprint during the ordering process! If Sprint can’t verify the email domain of a company that Sprint  themselves say they have a discount agreement with then something stinks  at Sprint, and as far as I can tell everything stinks at sprint. My  main question at this point is how do the manual, cables and phone fit  back into the box? Just doesn't seem to back in as easily as it came out.

• 3. Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    robotaholic Gold Expert

Alright.  You have to return the device the same way in which it was received.  If we sent it to you through UPS then you'll need to contact Order Support and they will send you a recovery box.  Their # is: 8667898292  If you bought it from a Sprint store, you'll have to return it to any Sprint corporate store and have all the original packaging etc...

-John

• 4. Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    Levi4u Master

I'd hate to see this sour your Sprint experience, I'm sure a simple phone call and they could apply the discount, I'm surprised the rep here hasn't PM'd you asking for the information to do it for you.

How to return or exchange your device

If you purchased from a retail store or other third-party retailer, please return items to the original point of purchase.

If you made your purchase on sprint.com or over the phone, you may return items to select Sprint stores or we will also accept returns by mail. Call 866-789-8292 for detailed instructions. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.–11 p.m. EST, and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m.–9 p.m. EST.

• 5. Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    Levi4u Master

Thank you John for the PM, Under the new policy(effctive 11/6) I now know that reps cannot add the discount like they had been able to before.

• 6. Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    TON_80 Newbie

All right, in all seriousness, I've spent hours talking to Sprint Customer Service reps on this discount verification issue and Sprint has provided no solution. The real question here is:

Why can't Sprint find the domain of a valid e-mail address from a major company they have a discount agreement with?

I'd love to hear the official answer. Does the Sprint Discount Verification tool even work??? I'm starting to think it's just there for show. And why is Sprint directing me to use the "No Work e-mail" verification option when I have a valid work e-mail? Sounds like they'd rather have the customer do all the extra work to avoid addressing and fixing the real problem themselves. All calls to customer service have addressed issues that I might have, such as entering the information into the verification form incorrectly. They never looked inward and checked for mistakes on their part. The CS rep couldn't even access the order information via the ticket number that sprint provided, stating that since they (CS rep) did not process the order, they did not have access to it. I asked the CS rep to escalate the issue and I was told there's no way to do that. I asked for a case number for this reported issue, for reference when I call back, and the CS rep could not supply one. Looks like Sprint has tied the hands of their CS reps pretty tight. All I've gotten from the CS reps are "sorry's" and "I don't know's". I'd really rather not have to change provider as I already have my phone and am happy with it. I'm jumping through hoops trying to give Sprint my business, but if Sprint can't solve a simple issue that was discussed and acknowledged during the order process, Sprint is leaving me no choice but to take my business elsewhere. I really don't have time to  be shuffled through this long and painful process and do Sprint's work investigating this problem. I'm sure there's no one at sprint customer service busy working on this and planning to call me back with a breakthrough. If Sprint was as sharp on their discount verification process as they are on their return process (easily quoted to me in 2 replies so far!) there wouldn't be a problem.

• 7. Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    seeblue1 Bronze Expert

Tom, this process doesn't look too difficult, especially via email:

Sprint Discount Program:
    Applying for discounts by fax or email

If you don't have a work, university or organization issued email address, there's no need to worry. Receiving a monthly service discount from Sprint is still easy!

Simply submit the information requested below to help us verify your eligibility. Once we validate your information, you'll receive an email from us confirming your discount enrollment.
    • Eligibility verification takes approximately three (3) business days after your application is received.
    • Once approved, your discount will be applied to your account in 1 to 2 bill cycles
    What we need:

A Completed Discount Program Request Form that includes:

Proof of eligibility by submitting a copy of one of the following items:

• Current photo identification badge.
    • Active membership card that includes your name.
    • Unexpired corporate or financial institution credit card. The card must have your name and the name of the affiliated company/institution.*
    • Recent pay or pension stub issued within the last 60 days. It must include your name and the name of your company.*
    • Current statement of account (as a credit union member) issued within the last 60 days. It must include your name and the name of the affiliated organization.*

• *Black-out completely or delete all confidential information, such as social security number, financial institution account numbers, credit card numbers, and salary detail. Ensure the following information is clearly displayed on your proof of eligibility: your name, employer/university/organization name and applicable date. Sprint is not liable for confidential information that you do not black-out or delete.
    2. Authorization for a new 2-year Service Agreement (for current customers only; new customers on a new term have met this requirement).

How to submit:

Within 14 days of service activation, fax or email us your completed form and proof of eligibility to the attention of Sprint Corporate Accounts:

• 8. Re: Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    TON_80 Newbie

I agree, Subee. Reading the simple instructions does look easy. So easy, in fact, that you'd almost expect the actual process to be easy. But what if you follow the simple instructions and it doesn't work? What if you follow the simple email instructions and it gets bounced back every time? The instructions still look easy.

• 9. Re: Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    boatops Newbie

You mentioned that you've spent "hours" talking to customer service (a misnomer in itself in most cases).

Try this.

I spent six (6) hours on one day alone, six straight hours, getting bounced around from point to point, cut off, transferred, ad nauseum, until I finally, at my wits end, found one person with an IQ over "DUH" that understood the problem and had a "fix" for it. Previously, I'd spent a conservative total of 15 hours on the phone with these people, resolving absolutely nothing!

Without a doubt, I've found the term "Customer Service" as it applies to Sprints non-walk in service, to be a total fabrication!!

Good luck with your issue.

• 10. Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    mrcminnesota Expert

TON_80: It is too bad that Sprint has had to tie the hands of the CSRs (probably because too many were giving away the bank!). Just a suggestion, why not try one more time to fax (from your work) your documentation to the 913 number (maybe the toll free gets too busy) and see if it will go through. If it does not go through, maybe robotaholic will accept a PM from you and you could scan/attach your documentation to him?? Just a thought. Good luck

• 11. Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    robotaholic Gold Expert

I have a fax machine here and would be very happy to send the fax or whatever I can do to help.  Just reaching out to help-

-John

• 12. Re: Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    TON_80 Newbie

Thanks for all of the suggestions, but I think I'm making progress. Finally talked to a rep that thought there might me verification site issues. She tried entering my work email from her end and she said the domain was recognized and thinks that the site is not working on my end. She escelated the issue and I should have more news Monday. I did scan the necessary docs for verification and emailed them in.

boatops- I've only been a Sprint customer for about 48 hours now and alot of that time has been dealing with this issue. And you're right, I just need to keep plugging away untim I reach that rep that knows what I'm talking about. I think I finally did. Glad you got your issues finally ironed out. How are you liking Sprint now?

mrcminnesota- That's the impression I get as to the reason that Sprint has their CSR's on lockdown, they were giving it all away! Sprint had to crack down on that.

robotaholic- I just might take you up on that offer if things don't work out. Thanks.

• 13. Re: Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    mrcminnesota Expert

TON_80: I hope you get your issue resolved. I have been with Sprint for over 10 years with a family plan. There are times I have been frustrated but the "majority" of the time, I have been pleased with the service. I figure one is going to have those moments when dealing with any company. I have priced other plans (Verizon and AT&T) and can't come close to what I pay for my current plan with 4 phones (3 of them smartphones). The majority of the time, it works to my satisfaction. Currently have an issue with the Samsung Epic 4G Touch but I believe that is more on Samsung's side than Sprint....biding my time til the maintenance release, etc. I have been satisfied with other phones from Sprint and am looking forward to their Network improvements. If those do not pan out over the next few years, then maybe I will switch carriers but until then, I will be staying with Sprint and supporting them.

robotaholic - I knew you would come through!

• 14. Re: Sprint Discount Verification Nightmare. Shortest Sprint customer in history.
    Panzer06 Bronze Expert

When workong for a large organization many times your company will have a dedicated outside sales rep.  I've found working with her (in my case) is the fastest most effective method to handle all issues.  She resolves most w/o any futher communication.  You should check with someone in HR or whomever handles affiliate discounts. I'm confident you'll get it resolved. 

Cheers,

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...