This discussion is archived
1 2 3 31 Previous Next 451 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 4:11 PM by mapesy Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Why remain a customer?

sassynurse2 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Just wondering why Sprint isn't honoring its after 1year you can get out of your contract just by paying 10.00  per month for the remainder of the contract? Is this just another way to be shafted?

Also how many loyal Sprint custumers have been screamed at and disconnected during a complaint by a so call supervisor? Well I have and as soon as my contracts endI am getting out of the sprint network. I've been a loyal customer for over 6 years and was a lol Premier customer. But lately feel as if I hav a arrow pointed and my bottom that says shoot her.

• 1. Why remain a customer?
    SP_Desi Valued Member

Hello sassynurse2,

I’m Desiree with the Premier Team.

Thank you for visiting the forum for your questions and concerns.

Sprint has continued to prorate the Early Termination fees for customers who wish to discontinue a line of service prior to the end of its Service Agreement term. As of September 9th, 2011 it is calculated based on the number of months that are remaining on the contract times $20 for Advanced Devices, with a maximum of $350, and minimum of $100. For all other devices, the prorated ETF is calculated by taking the months remaining times $10 with a maximum of $200 and minimum of $50.

To view full details and the Early Termination Fee chart please follow this link: Learn about Early Termination Fee

I do apologize for the previous experience you had with one of our supervisors and I assure you that this is not how Sprint intends for our loyal customers to be treated. If there are still any current issues that were not resolved I would be happy to look into them for you. Please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you,

Desiree

• 2. Why remain a customer?
    hurricanehearted Valued Member

They changed the early termination fee policy. There's a minimum of $50, and it's pro-rated based on if you have a smart phone or a feature phone. For smart phones, the fee goes up to $350. For feature phones, I think it's $200 (although I'm not 100% sure).

• 3. Why remain a customer?
    dawnc1113 Regular Visitor

I'm totally with you on this one, I thought the whole point of being sent to someone to retentions was to try and get you to stay with them.  Instead, I got told by Don that he could understand if I had to change by phone lines to a different carrier to get another line..I'm going to do some research and find out who I can contact regarding my problems and maybe their CEO needs to pay closer attention to these forums.  I have no idea how they got voted Best Customer Service.

• 4. Why remain a customer?
    DISGUSTEDWITHSPRINT Newbie

I also feel the same way.... i can not get out of my contract till july 2012 they have over billed me, they have taken services back and i can not even upgrade my phone... unless i pay full amount... i hav been with them for about 5 or 6 years.... this is so crazy.... sick of sprint......

• 5. Why remain a customer?
    mightymo2 Regular Visitor

What is the ETF if your contract was signed prior to 9/9/2011, is it $200 less the pro-rated time left ?

• 6. Why remain a customer?
    SP_Clarissa Bronze Expert

Mightymo2,

Yes, that is correct. The prorated ETF for advanced devices changed from $200 to $350 for new contracts as of 9/9/11.

Thanks,

Clarissa

• 7. Why remain a customer?

To further clarify, the prorated ETF for feature phones is $200 with a minimum of $50, and the prorated ETF for advanced devices is $350 with a minimum of $100 as of 9/9/11.

Thanks,

Clarissa

• 8. Why remain a customer?

Thanks for posting of the forum.

In order to look into your issues and provide assistance, I will be sending both of you a private message.

Thanks,

Clarissa

• 9. Why remain a customer?
    desertratzzzzz123 Newbie

I do not know what happened to Sprint Customer Service.  I have had sprint service for over 6 years and i am amazed at how the customer reps (2) i have spoken with, have no desire to retain a customer such as myself.  I pay my bill on time every month for the last 6 years with up to 4 phones at a time.  I have had it, and will never return to sprint and will be willing to pay higher prices at a different carrier, simply as a matter of principle.  Sprint needs to realize that it provides a service to customers and if the customers leave, there is no service to provide.  Customers are everything to a business.  Look at what happened to Netflix when customers got fed up.  I am just a simple American customer switching to Verizon...

• 10. Re: Why remain a customer?
    nas35 Bronze Expert

Why remain a customer because Sprint has the best plans out their nobody eles is going to give u better deals than Sprint so why leave and go with some other provider thats not going to give u the service that Sprint gives u wish is great service.Sprint customer service gives me good customer service when i need something or something than i need Sprint to take care of their do it with no isuses at all Sprint service is great where i am.Why remain a customer is beccuse u get right plan promise and Sprint new for you upgrade program and got the best Iphone plans with unlimited data plans for Iphones.If u leave Sprint u will come back to Sprint after u see what is everybody eles oftter because nobody eles is going to give better plans and service like Sprint.Their are may reasons to stay with Sprint and remain a customer with Sprint if u leave Sprint u will be sorry that u did that.If u don't remain a Sprint customer you will miss out on everything that Sprint is going to do for it's customers.

• 11. Re: Why remain a customer?
    SP_Desi Valued Member

Hello desertratzzzzz123,

I'd like to thank you for being such a long time customer and I apologize for any frustrations that you’ve been experiencing lately. We do in fact appreciate your business and would like to assist you if at all possible. If you have any specific questions and/or concerns about your account please feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks again,

Desiree

• 12. Why remain a customer?
    lindy288 Regular Visitor

I switched from Verizon to Sprint because of better pricing plan and the Premier plan. It was the Premier plan that tipped the scale. I feel like a fool because Sprint has now made so many changes and taking away benefits; it was those benefits that enticed me to switch. I bet if it were Verizon, they would have grandfathered those plans but not Sprint. I have no confidence in Sprint at this time. Our contracts end in June & July and we may end up switching again. Sprint is in last place and will continue to decline as long as they treat their existing customers this way. Management doesn't realize that if they are having problems attracting customers they should be retaining the ones they have but alas they are not. The Sprint shareholders/board needs to fire their CEO and other top management because the existing customers are getting screwed and jumping ship.

Yes, Sprint may have better pricing but it's probably not going to last and then I'll definintely leave Sprint. Verizon has better customer service and phone service overall. I've tolerated Sprint because of pricing plan but once that changes, it won't matter anymore.

• 13. Why remain a customer?
    JUMPINGSHIPHELLOATT Newbie

FEELING THE SAME WAY AFTER 13YEARS WAIT WILL BE 14 YEAR IN JAN 2012 WITH ALL THE SAME #'S NOT WAITING TIL MY CONTRACT IS UP I'M FED UP. NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE f*** THEIR ETF IM OUT CAN YOU SAY AT&T

• 14. Why remain a customer?
    Happyloon2 Regular Visitor

Go to AT&T, sprint rocks.

1 2 3 31 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points