This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 1:38 PM by mtapal RSS

RECEIVING International Calls on Sprint while INSIDE the USA

mtapal Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I have gotten many conflicting answers/replies to this question.

I was told by Sprint customer support when I called them by the lady who answered that I will NOT be charged international rates to RECEIVE international calls while I'm in the USA but then I am told by her manager that yes, Sprint charges international rates to RECEIVE international calls while I am inside the USA (no international roaming involved here).

This seems a bit absurd to me as Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile/Boost Mobile/VIRGIN/etc. HECK anyone in the world does not charge you international rates for receiving calls. I understand that my minutes (which may be limited in my case to 1500) will be used accordingly for any calls I receive even though they may be international or local.

I was told by this same Manager to add a long distance service and pay $15.00 on every phone extra every month to recieve international calls and not get chrged for it. Now 4 of my friends using Sprint have told me that in the last 5 years that they have been with Sprint they have NEVER been charged this money that I am being charged!

So my question is, is this true to Sprint? Then I seriously need to change my services as I was supplied false information on signing up! But now I am beyond my 30 days also so I am majorly stuck with Sprint and this deal really does not make sense! I will be paying Sprint almost $2000.00 in the next two years to RECEIVE international calls!!!

Someone should seriously look into bringing a class-action lawsuit if this is really the case and involve me in it!

If I have misunderstood anything, I would LOVE to be clarified!

Munz.

• 1. Re: RECEIVING International Calls on Sprint while INSIDE the USA
    mtapal Regular Visitor

AN UPDATE!

Ok...so after 11 calls and countless hours of wasted time, I finally found the FIRST logical person (Tonya in the International department) who understood that this does not make sense! THANKS TONYA!!!

Anyways...Lets see how much credit I get for the last two bills that I paid $15 + $15 (Intl. LD) on two phones for two months = $60.00 for No Reason!

Munz.

• 2. RECEIVING International Calls on Sprint while INSIDE the USA
    mtapal Regular Visitor

Also to add:

I am told that the person who made me add the $15.00/month LD service charge was not even from the 'international department' and he had no clue what he was talking about!!! So am I supposed to double and tripple check and confirm everything a customer service representative tells me in Sprint??? This is ridiculous!!! These guys need to have better employees and better training or something!!!

Munz.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points