This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2011 2:24 PM by acuransxtech RSS

Possible tower problem in Plano TX?

acuransxtech Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I am having a wierd problem in Plano, TX.  No Sprint phone can call my house.  When a Sprint phone calls, my house phone will ring but it doesn't ring in the cell phone.  If I pick up my house phone, there is nothing there.  The caller ID will show the correct number, but no voice comes through.  Sometimes it acts like it hijacks another phone call.  Sometimes when I call my house using my Sprint phone the phone will ring and show my number but it will hijack someone elses call and send it to my house.  I can get calls from other cell carriers, and I sometimes have problems callling other land lines also.  Also somtimes when I try to call my house it will connect me to a random number.  My house phone can call out to my Sprint phones fine.  Any body else having this type of problem in Plano?  I have a ticket opened up, but I don't hold out hope.  My home phone carrier is verizon Fios.  I am wondering if Sprint is having problems connecting to Verizon?

• 1. Possible tower problem in Plano TX?
    Sprint Employee

We need an address near you - don't post your address for privacy reasons but pick something near you.I don't see any network bulletins in the area as of Monday morning * 7:24am central time

• Where are you experiencing the problems? Inside of your home, outdoors while driving, or inside and outside of a specific location? What's the location's zip code?  If you feel comfortable sharing address  or street intersection, please include.  With that information we can  look up the cell sites closest to you and see if they have experienced  any outages, or if tickets have already been submitted for them.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 2. Possible tower problem in Plano TX?
    acuransxtech Newbie

Hello and thanks for responding. 
    My house is in the 75025 zip code only a few blocks from the intersection of Coit Rd & Hedgecoxe Rd.  It does not matter where the Sprint phone is being used at.  Every one I know with a Sprint phone can not call my house.  Every one with a cell phone from another carrier can.  I have asked people I know all over the area to try calling and no one with a Sprint phone can connect.  I also can not call my daughters place of business. It is at the intersection of Preston Rd. & Park Blvd.  It does the same thing.  Every so often I can get through, but very rarely.  One other thing sometimes when I try to call my house, it will connect my cell phone to a random number.

• 3. Possible tower problem in Plano TX?
    acuransxtech Newbie

I have a litttle more info.  It seems Sprint phones can not connect to verizon land lines.  My phone will not connect to any of my co-workers houses that have Verizon FIOS. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points