This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2011 5:21 PM by fireguy_6364 RSS

wi-fi won't connect

tschwolert Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

all of a sudden my wi-fi won't connect to my home network. I've never had this problem before. It seemed to start happening when I updated my phone software. Anyone got any ideas?

• 1. wi-fi won't connect
    Sprint Employee

If you have it as a saved network delete it and re-add it. That is usually the trick anytime wi-fi throws you an error. I will monitor your reply if that doesn't do it.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 2. wi-fi won't connect
    zSalesGuy Valued Member

It's a bug in the latest Android software release from Sprint/HTC. If you have Mobile Network enabled, the phone won't connect to WiFi. Here's the workaround:

• Menu, Setting, Wirelesss & networks
    • WiFi - turn off
    • Scroll down to Mobile network. If it says connected, click to disable
    • Scroll up to Wifi - turn on

It should connect to WiFi now. Of course, if you leave your house where the WiFi is, it won't connect to the mobile network unless you reenable it. Painful, but it works.Sprint and HTC should fix this, if they cared more about their customers.

• 3. wi-fi won't connect
    fireguy_6364 Master

works better if you just uncheck "enable always-on mobile data" then you dont have to worry about going back in and unchecking and rechecking all the time.

• 4. wi-fi won't connect
    tschwolert Newbie

I did these things and it still doesn't work. Nothing wrong with my wi-fi cuz my laptops connect fine. It won't let me delete the connection only "forget." It keeps cycling through "obtaining address" and "remembered, secured with WEP" then doesn't connect. Not sure what's going on.

• 5. wi-fi won't connect
    fireguy_6364 Master

hrm. when you say update are you meaning the maintenance release or updated to Gingerbread? if it was to the second one the only thing i know changed wifi wise was you could no longer use wireless "N" with this phone.

only other thing i can recomend is pulling your battery for at least 3 minutes. power it back on. pull up your wifi. hit the reset button on the side of the router and then hit search again on your phone.

post either way if it works or doesnt.

• 6. wi-fi won't connect
    tschwolert Newbie

Aweseme! reset router and took out battery and it's working now. Now tell me about Gingerbread. Is that something I should update to? Do I go to the Marketplace for that?

Thanks for your help! And by the way, rarely have these forums helped me, but you nailed it!

• 7. wi-fi won't connect
    fireguy_6364 Master

android phones have differnt updates that run their system basically. <~non tech speak. the last version we had was called froyo. the current one we have is called Gingerbread. the updates are to help improve the functions of the phone and so on. to see what version you have pull up settings-about phone-software information. the Gingerbread version you should have or the current one is 2.3.3. the software  number to be up to current should be 4.54.651.1. if you dont have those then you'll need to go to settings-system updates-HTC software updates. if it says nothing is there then you might have to go into a sprint repair store and have them push it into your phone with their computer.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points