This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2012 1:40 PM by 14KNIGHT RSS

Can I upgrade to an Iphone without extending my contract?

kristaradfr3ak Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Right now, my brother and I are on the everything data 1500 family plan. He has an android phone with 4g coverage and I have an LG Rumor Touch (obviously without 4g since it isn't a smart phone). I want an iphone but I don't want to extend my contract. If I buy a phone through sprint, can I do it without extending a contract? And if not, can I go to the apple store and buy an iphone then switch phones without extending the contract?

Also, how much more would my plan be if I upgraded to an iphone? Right now it's around $150 total every month.

• 1. Can I upgrade to an Iphone without extending my contract?
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

The iPhone will require our $10 premium data add-on.  This should be the only increase on your plan aside from the one-time activation fee of $36.  As far as the contract is concerned, it is only required to get a "discount" off of MSRP.  For example, the iPhone 4S 16GB is $649.99 regular price or at MSRP.  To get this phone at $199.99, providers "require" a committment from the customer for 2 years, and they must also be eligible for the upgrade.  To ensure you are eligible for an upgrade, signin to your Sprint.com account and click on "I want to upgrade my device" next to the picture of your phone.  The only other alternative is to buy the phone at MSRP or through a "used" market such as ebay.  The activation fee will apply either way. 

Tom

• 2. Can I upgrade to an Iphone without extending my contract?
    5126675346 Newbie

So if I lost my blackberry curve that the device on my 2 yr contract, and want to buy an Iphone at the regular price, can I? Can I pay 650 dlls and stay with my everything data plan?

• 3. Can I upgrade to an Iphone without extending my contract?
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

As long as the plan you are on is compatible with what is required for the I phone yes

The everything data plan  with the 10 Premium data charge for smart  phones is compatible   So you could stay on that plan.  There would be some changes in coding for t he plan as the BB has some different ones from the I phone

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points