This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2011 7:56 AM by tazz5150 RSS

When will sprint expand 4G in grand rapids, mi?

Boohrad Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Seems like Verizon is the only network doing any 4G expansion in the Area.  When will sprint get on board?

• 1. When will sprint expand 4G in grand rapids, mi?
    SprintCares Sprint Employee

Boohrad,

Thanks for the post. As of right now, we have no dates of when 4G will be expanded to Grand Rapids. We will be launching our 4G LTE network in 2012. For all the latest information please visit our 4G site here.

Regards,

William

• 2. When will sprint expand 4G in grand rapids, mi?
    willkid Regular Visitor

In order for current 4G Wimax owner to take advantage of the new 4G LTE network, we'll have to buy new handsets. And for many of us, 4G was constantly promised and never delivered in many areas such as Detroit. For those of you that will highlight the fact that there is perhaps at least 2 towers up and running in Detroit, I'm talking about a full launch. Those towers that they have deployed are basically useless, especially if you have to stay within blocks of the tower to get a decent signal. I have had the HTC EVO and the Samsung Epic 4G and I feel as if I'm just wasting my money with Sprint! I love how Sprint has just abandoned its Wimax customers, and although they say that they would support the current Wimax network at least until 2015, that "support" wouldn't likely be an expansion of the network, just keeping it open for continued use until many subscribers transition. I can't wait until my contract is over, I can't wait to go back to Verizon. Eh, who know I might just pay the ETF and save myself months of disappointment with sub-par 3G speeds that range from 120kbps-400kbps.

• 3. When will sprint expand 4G in grand rapids, mi?
    tazz5150 Valued Member

And Sprint rasied the ETF fees for smartphones. Funny how that happened right after this new 4g LTE announcement. What fee will they raise next? What else will the take away? They may get rid of this forum because 99.9% is nothing but complaints about terrible customer service, phones that constantly break down, premier going away, no 4g, carrier iq, fees changing, bad coverage, towers failing, slow data, etc. Sprint the Now Network, what a joke!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points