This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 10:58 AM by 97GSTCHICK1 RSS

Text Messages not being sent or received

justinballster Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I don't know if this is the correct platform for this or not.   For the past few weeks now my texts are not being delivered and any incoming responses are incredibly delayed if not received at all.  Is any one else having this issue?  I have 2-3 bars of service at this time although I'm alternating between 3G and no data coverage.  I turned off imessaging to see if that could be the cause of the problem but it doesn't appear to be helping.   When I'm at home I have 4-5 bars of service but still have the same issue.  This is pretty lame sprint, pretty lame.   I'm a BRAND NEW customer, I've only received one bill.  This is not a good way to start this relationship, especially because I'm stuck with you for 2 years. 

• 1. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your text messages. It could be tower issues. Could you please provide me with your zip and or some streets where you live.

Thanks

• 2. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received
    justinballster Newbie

I'll give you two zip codes.  44302 and 44203.

• 3. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received

I did not see any outages in the 44302 area but there is a reported outage in the 44203 area.Details are below. We are aware of this issue and working on a quick resolution.

Services AffectedTicket #Outage DescriptionBegin
    Date
    SeverityETRLast
    Updated
    Cellsites Affected
    Single Cellsite 8171490 At 2011/12/01 14:47:56 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Cleveland : Akron Market: Single Cellsite (Out of Service) . 12/01/2011 08:47:00 CST 3 12/02/2011 09:05:20 CST 12/01/2011 09:10:43 CST CL70XC817 Barberton OH 44203
  • 4. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received
    justinballster Newbie

Thank you.  That is helpful information.   However, multiple texts were just received by by my friend that I had sent on Sunday afternoon (11/27) from the 44302 area code, while I am in fact currently at 44203.  Are there any issues around 44313? That covers a larger area of Akron. Thank you for your time.

• 5. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received

The services may be intermittent in the 44203 area, and I also did not see any reported outages in the 44313 area.

• 6. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received
    justinballster Newbie

I'd still like to address the issue that I'm having with them not sending while at 44313. Are their any equipment or software issue that could be causing this problem?

• 7. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received

What type of device do you have? We definitely want to make sure you have the current software on your device. If your software is current and you are still experiencing issues with text in the 44313 area, you can always call  technical support by dialing *2 on your cell phone or else 1-888-211-4727 (prefrerred method) on a landline phone, and get this reported in and possibly may need to submit a CTMS ticket.

Ray

• 8. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received
    twistr25 Newbie

I have been having the same issues today. I get an Error Code:97. I tried restarting my phone and it's still not working well. I'm in zip code 32669

• 9. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received

Twistr25,

I do not see any outages for 32669. Is your phone displaying that you are in a roaming area? I can also look into your account to make sure you are not blocked for text messaging. Could you please private message me so I can get more information from you?

• 10. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received
    justinballster Newbie

iphone 4 with iOS 5.0

There is an update to this for iOS5.0.1 are there any bugs that this would correct in text messaging?

• 11. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received
    twistr25 Newbie

Mine's an LG Optimus and when I got my new update it crashed my phone. It would constantly restart itself and half my apps no longer worked. They had me restore to factory defaults and reinstall the update. It still shuts down randomly but now only every other day...

• 12. Re: Text Messages not being sent or received
    JFXY Newbie

My Wife has an EVO Shift, I have the Epic 4G, 84106 zip, has been going on for at least a month.

Specifically, of a 2 part txt only the second part is received, ever doesnt matter the time frame.  That is for both of our phones.

She is running 2.3.3 (Evo Shift)

I am running 2.3.4 (Epic 4G)

updated the prl's and got hers to send a two part, it worked

sent a 2 part from mine   (epic to evo shift) and she only got the second part again

• 13. Text Messages not being sent or received
    DwainWuerfel Newbie

We have been dealing with texting issues for the past 6 months now for things like duplicate text messages, delayed text messages, and messages coming in with a time stamp 5 hours in the future.  These issues have occurred with the Samsung Epic, Samsung Conquer, and Apple iPhone.  It appears to only happen when we are in a roaming status which for us is the only choice we have to get any type of service what-so-ever.  Tech support told us the issue was with a tower getting maintenance, then it was our phone.  So, like many others in this community we did all the troubleshooting techniques requested by tech support with no resolution.  I can understand some duplicating of messages because of being in a roaming status, but when I am paying well over $100/mth + $10/mth for unlimited data/4G I expect much better service.  Afterall, we have lived in this area since 2002 and started having these issues within the last year.  I would provide my zip code, but that would be deceiving because that is just our mailing address zip code, 15miles away, and not our physical home address zip code, 10miles away.

I have recently been working with a business relations representative, only because I requested to speak with a regional VP, on our issue and have been told that if this issue doesn't get resolved that she would get us out of our contracts so we can choose another provider.  Maybe I am the only one that finds it strange that Sprint would rather lose a customer of 9+ years that has a $129.99 plan with an Android and iPhone device, extra $20/mth, instead of actually working to fix the issue by installing a closer tower which could bring on new customers.

Looking forward to Sprint fixing this issue

Dwain

• 14. Text Messages not being sent or received
    Drew0729 Regular Visitor

Couldn't agree more. Switched to Sprint in October from At&t and have had nothing but problems with texts and phone calls. I've never had issues in my home with At&t or T-Mobile.

"Tech support told us the issue was with a tower getting maintenance, then it was our phone.  So, like many others in this community we did all the troubleshooting techniques requested by tech support with no resolution. "

The exact same situation here. At first it was a "tower issue", then it was supposedly my "iphone hardware". I was directed to call Apple Customer Service and told that I was not using "common sense" because if i'm "having problems with an apple product, common sense would dictate I call Apple Customer Service".

I brought the phone to Apple and they checked it out and found nothing wrong with it.

Sprint "techs" have tried the ## service update about 25 times, each one failed. Never once offered a rebate or offered to waive the early termination fee.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points