1 2 3 8 Previous Next 105 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 1:59 PM by SprintCare RSS

"visual voicemail-to-text" trial offer - how to stop this intrusive service?

bulldogsfan Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

How  do you disable visual voicemail to text?

As  I was using my phone a window popped-up up as I was typing and you end up  pressing Ok without trying. Its activated and said I was getting a free trial  for visual voicemail to text.

There  was no way to stop this program from running and it started transcribing all my  incoming voice mail messages (very poorly by the way) without my permission.

It  doesn't give you any way to opt-out! Only options to subscribe.

I  assumed this was some type of malware or 3rd party app that installed without my  permission because it has no credibility, it pops up on its own while you are  texting or using your keypad forcing you to press the button to enable it! I've  read other posts from many users having the same experience.

Why  is Sprint allowing this program to run without any ability to opt-out? Is it  malware or something bad? I didn't see it listed in the apps to uninstall. There  is no way to access additional information about this service, no terms of  service, no pricing, its just an intrusive program and purposefully at that.

Sprint  please don't allow this program to run without giving an option to "opt-out"  from the beginning.

1 2 3 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...