This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2011 11:28 AM by fireguy_6364 RSS

HTC EVO STOPPED CHARGING!!!!!!!!!

nessaq88 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

So my boyfriend bought me my Evo thru ebay about 2 weeks ago' it has been working completley fine with NO issues at all

up until today!! today i started noticing my phone would charge , then once it got towards the end to complete a full battery it stopped charging. I thought it was my charger but clearly it wasnt. i took my charger and charged my boyfriends droid phone with it and it worked FINE! So i decided to google this issue and came to the conclusion that its the PORT Actually inside of the phone is not charging. I connect my charge into it and it clearly feels loose!!!!! ahhhh

the only way it will charge is if i apply pressure to the connection, and it is really ******* me off..

i have insurance on my phone and for sure i will not be paying a deductable fee to resolve this issue.

Sprint is so sickening when it comes to "damages" that is not software or hard drive issue...

Like i really want to make my phone STOP charging just for the fun of it..

i really enjoy being part of this company but they clearly are HORRIBLE as far as issues like this...

believe me tomorrow i will be cursing everyone out, from the managers to the reps everyone until i get this issue fixed without paying.

i already have 3 lines with them, have insurance on all 3 and pay my bill on time and very expensive the least these bastards can do is corroporate!!! HELP!!!!!

• 1. HTC EVO STOPPED CHARGING!!!!!!!!!
    zSalesGuy Valued Member

Send it back to the person who sold it to you on eBay. Sprint won't fix a phone you didn't buy from Sprint, at least not for free. If you bought it from Sprint, I can see why you would complain, but not from a third party. Sprint didn't sell you the bum phone, the guy on eBay did. Or more precisely, your boyfriend gave you the bum phone. Go yell at him.

• 2. HTC EVO STOPPED CHARGING!!!!!!!!!
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

Depending on the actual cause of the problem  We may be able to fix the issue  if it is a defect on the charge port.  If however it is a damage to the port and not a defect that would be covered under the replacement portion of the plan and there is a deductible involved.  It will take an in store technician to look a the device to see what the issue is.

• 3. HTC EVO STOPPED CHARGING!!!!!!!!!
    fireguy_6364 Master

the phone came with the factory charging cable or a after market one? on the back of the actual plug in part post in here what it says. if this was from a actual person on ebay and not fully new you might have a aftermarket charging cable or wall plug. the cable itself is VERY important. even though it seems like a snug fit the connectors inside start to not fully touch either causing it to take forever to charge, not charge this phone at all or barely keep it alive. if the port came loose you wouldnt get a charge at all even with adding pressure to the connection. which i wouldnt do

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points