This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 12:37 PM by RocketCityStarbuck RSS

Unable to connect to server

JakeNC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have searched the Discussion Boards and did not see this issue, sorry if this is a repeat question. My wife and I both have the Samsung Epic 4g, received the Gingerbread update about a month ago. My wife’s phone is having major connection issues while mine is not. Every time it does a check for email there is a message “cannot connect to server”, voice mail icon at the top says pending voice mail but when checked no message. In voice mail app press button and tell it to try to download again but it “cannot connect to server” we are not using Google voice so that is not the issue. I have the exact same settings for email (even tried hers) on my phone and have no problem connecting to mail or voicemail etc. any suggestions? The phone has been rebooted several times, I cleared the cache on mail, and Voice mail, deleted her email account from the phone and tried to reenter it but always get connection message. We do not use gmail either (except that you must have the account on the android phone) so I don’t think it’s a google issue and since it is not just the email it is not an email provider issue, could it truly be a server issue only happing on her phone?. Thanks for any advice!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points