1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 5:26 PM by Shane_M RSS

Phone is not charging anymore

JeremyC1025 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, I was hoping to find some help here. My phone has been unable to hold a charge much recently, and now, even when its plugged in, the battery continues to drain.  I've looked through the running apps and nothing out of the ordinary there, and the battery usage says that its still running low, but it just won't hold a charge anymore.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  The phone is showing that it is charging and receiving a charge and I've tried different outlets in the house.

• 1. Phone is not charging anymore
    Shane_M Sprint Employee
    Currently Being Moderated

JeremyC1025,

We do have a known issue currently with charging issues with the Gingerbread 2.3 software. If you're not running the 2.3 software though and still on Froyo/2.2 there could be a couple of different things we would need to check, I would first check the battery, if you have an alternate battery or if someone else has same phone test out if you can determine it's the battery itself. It could be the cord itself, if you have any alternate cord such as a car charger test that out see if there's any difference. Also it could ultimately be the device possibly the charging port, but if you're not able to test out a different battery or cord you can always visit a Sprint repair location and we can run diagnostics on it to determine where the issue is.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...