This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 33 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2012 8:02 PM by LINNA462 RSS

1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change

JoeBlow74 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Is Sprint going to change the way a discount is applied to the family share plans?.  I have been reading that in Feb of 2012, Sprint will change the family plans and not allow the second line to be free any more.  I have heard that Sprint will only give a corporate discount to the primary line and charge for the second line $19.99.  Is there any truth to this, or am I reading this wrong?  For example I have two HTC EVO's on a 1500 Everything Data plan.  For the last 1.5 years, the second EVO has been free and I have been getting a corporate discount through my work.  After Feb 2012 Sprint will only discount my primary line and charge me $19.99 for the second line (Wife's EVO)  Is this true?

I would like somebody from Sprint to reply to this question. 

Cheers

• 1. Re: 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    Levi4u Master

That's the rumor going around from a page leaked from Sprint's playbook.

• 2. Re: 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    rexcanis Bronze Expert

Great... so the discount doesn't include TEP, or the $20 premium data fee (2 lines), and now it's not going to include $20 of the bill that's currently included...

I've been waiting for it to go the other way, like I heard rumored - the PDF would be rolled into the plan cost, making it $149.99 that was eligible for the corporate discount.

• 3. Re: 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    MissMeHuh Valued Member

It's official:

"Discount Policy Change Notice: Effective your February bill cycle,  Family and Business Share monthly plan charges will be billed  differently. Discounts will only apply to the monthly  recurring charge  of the primary line.  Line 2 will be billed at the applicable  Add-A-Phone rate and will not be discount eligible"

• 4. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    rexcanis Bronze Expert

Joe - Without a corporate discount, the 2-line family share plan is still the same. It's $110.00 for the first line, and $19.99 for the second. Instead of the discount being on the full $129.99, the discount now only applies to the $110.

• 5. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    MWORMUTH03 Newbie

They got there great customer service reward last year, now they don't care what helped get them that reward...

• 6. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    necroonx Newbie

This is uncalled this is as much as 5.00 a month. It may not seam like a lot but imagine them doing this without customer repercussion. Sprint will think they can get away with this and change your bill on a regular basis. Verizon customers stood against their 2$ fee and threatened to cancel, and they herd their voices. This needs to be known and herd. That we as customers will not stand for this!

• 7. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    matthatessprint Regular Visitor

$5 a month x12 months = $60

That's not a small amount - if you disagree please send $60 my way - you'll get the same result, less money and no additional service... 

"Welcome to the NOW network" - apparently that's where Sprint wants your money NOW.

• 8. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    NOmasporfavor Regular Visitor

EXACTLY!  Back in Sep they raised the "admin" fee from .99 per line to $1.51 per line!  NOW they want to raise my bill by $60 a year?  My contact in Sprint Executive Services assures me that this does not allow me to waive my ETF whilst simultaneously admitting this change will cost me more money and that it was designed to "bring our prices more in line with our competition"!

He also doesn't believe (or pretends he doesn't) that people on various forums who have negotiated ETF waivers are real and really Sprint customers!!   

• 9. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change

That's because they aren't really sprint customers anymore!  LOL

• 10. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change

Joe - you should get this e-mailed to you and a few others may read it too before it's deleted.

I called Sprint (*2, option 1, option 4, option 6) and told them about the material change in contract and requested out of my contract with Early Termination Fees (ETF) waived.  I was offered $100 credit to my account to stay.  However, I stuck to my guns and had ETF waived and am porting my number out to another carrier.

If you're successful in any change, whether it's staying with Sprint with a discount to offset this charge or leave for another carrier you must confirm online with the sprint chat that the changes were made to your account.  Your chat session will be e-mailed to you so you can use it to argue if Sprint tries to pull one over on you after the fact. 

I personally was told by the 1st supervisor I talked to that my ETF would be waived but strangely that comment was somehow "missing" from my profile.  So I had to call in again and do it again - and the 2nd time the change was noted and my contracts show being fulfilled online. 

Good luck!

• 11. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    snoopydog11 Newbie

well I called into sprint last night about this.

The lady I spoke to said but sir your contract is fulfilled. I said then Why is there a $170.00 charge to leave.

She said That is for equipment. I said No I had to sign a 2 year contract for those phones! She kept saying but sir it

shows your contract is fulfilled.  But as we were speaking I was online in my account that clearly showed contract fulfilment would be next year.

Clearly she must lose money if a customer ports out their numbers. I was like I will think about it and call back.

Funny thing the sprint corporate store was the the one that told me  I could get out ETF free because it is a material change of the contract with customers that have a discount.  But said I would have to call in to have this peformed.

I am not sure who to really believe anymore.

• 12. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    JILLHARTER1967 Newbie

I have been with Sprint 10 years - never trust that the changes the operators promise you will take place - they will not give you a confirmation number, and they will not see what conversations happened prior to your imediate call.  It's is sad to think that I will be leaving Sprint with my 5 lines simply because the operatos are trained to comfort you, but do nothing.  I hope they can get it together.  I really enjoyed Sprint service, few dropped call, good sales - but now they seem to only care about the cash.  You would thingk they were big enough but unfortunately not - that's corporate America for you. 

• 13. 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    dwr3 Regular Visitor

I complained today to the customer service rep.  She offered me a one time $5 credit.  This is another way for Sprint to decrease their losses.  What's next?

• 14. Re: 1500 everything data family share corporate/discount change
    Mezto Regular Visitor

I'll be calling Sprint tomorrow and if no satisfaction is forth-coming I will be out the door, along with writing to the BBB, my congressmen and whomever else will listen!

I signed up for 5 lines with the corporate discount in Novemeber of 2010. Before the ink was even dry on my 2 year 'contract' Sprint had done away discounts for lines 3-5! Understand that they had made this move BEFORE I signed up, the salesman never told me!

Next they raised their admin fee PER LINE on me! Whatever the **** that is for (me thinks more profit).

Now this!

The very idea that we should be tied to a 'contract' or 'agreement' that allows one side to raise prices repeatedly while we are penalized for leaving....well it needs to be stopped! Somebody needs to stand up for us! It's not just Sprint, but ****it, nickle and diming us while giving us some corproate [..]about service is getting OLD!

I'm so done with it!

Message was edited by: mapesy

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points