This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2011 12:13 PM by SHORTY6599 RSS

Unexpected error in status bar

SHORTY6599 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Last night, my Samsung Epic was going through some updates from my apps, I got a message saying that my internal phones memory was low. After that, I got a message in my status bar that says "Unexpected error..... Please click here to help us fix the problem". When I click on it, it takes me to my home screen and nothing happens. The message stays in my status bar. I proceeded to try to "clean" up my memory, by deleting text messages, clearing out apps I don't use. This hasn't helped the issue. I have shut the phone off and have taken out the battery and put it back in, and have even cleared the cache and other things. The message keeps coming back. I have tried googling the issue, but haven't found an answer as to why this is happening or how I can fix it. I really don't want to have to take it to a sprint store with today being NYE, and they probably aren't open tomorrow. I don't think I have a TON of apps on my phone that would take up a lot of "internal" phone memory. Whenever possible I move the apps to my SD card so that they are not taking up internal phone memory, but my memory still seems low even after deleting a lot of apps. My system storage available space is sitting at 114MB, I am not sure if this could still be too low and is why the message keeps appearing. I am at a loss and not sure what else to do. I don't want to have to do a factory restore, as I don't want to lose anything from my phone.

Just thought I'd try coming here and see if anyone has any helpful advice before I make a trip to a sprint store.

Thanks in advance for any help.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...