Important Notes:

- Software version is EL18

Update your software

1. Press the Home key

2. Touch the Main tab

3. Touch Settings > General

4. Scroll down and touch Update Software

5. The message Checking for software update… Please wait will be displayed

6. If an update is found, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the

software on your phone

Check the software version

1. Press the Home key

2. Touch the Main tab

3. Touch Settings > General > Phone Information

4. The software version is listed under Version

• 1. 1/4 - Samsung Trender Software Update - EL18
    ahhbrown798sprint Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

which phone is this update for?

• 2. 1/4 - Samsung Trender Software Update - EL18
    ahhbrown798sprint Regular Visitor

no need to reply. I guess its a samsung phone not on list of sprint devices on previous pages.

• 3. Re: 1/4 - Samsung Trender Software Update - EL18
    DJHakim Newbie

For messages already received, messages still display the incorrect name after the update. Is the fix only for messages received after the update?

These bugs remain after the update:

(1) Cannot enter numbers from hands-free device when connected via Bluetooth (such as when you check voicemail or other calls that require you to enter digits from a vehicle interface).

The only workaround is to use your hands to unlock the phone and get to dial pad mode, which defeats the purpose of hands free!

(2) Cannot send photos via Bluetooth from the photo (in My Photos).  The Bluetooth icon is there and will list found devices, but the device list is inactive.  The only workaround is to go to the Settings->Bluetooth app, then find the photo to send.

(2.1) Sending photo via Bluetooth only works if a microSD card is inserted in the destination phone.  (This requirement is not in the manual).

These issues are verified by Sprint Store employees and Samsung support.

In general, I am finding the Bluetooth hands-free functionality buggy with SPH-M380 and software versions ED01/EL18. The phone locks itself and prevents any further action (3-way, enter digits, etc) when a hands-free call is placed.  It is as if hands-free was an afterthought for the software design.  I've only had these problems with this phone.

(3) Call waiting with hands free is buggy; cannot answer incoming call while already in a call. 

(4) Placing a 3-way call w/BT hands-free freezes the hands-free device. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...