This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 3:22 PM by -D4V1D- RSS

Cannot access Sprint voicemail?

ponlaluz Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

My phone is a Nexus S 4G.

For several months now, I have had much trouble accessing my Sprint voicemail. What happens is, I dial voicemail, but instead of the usual "Welcome to voicemail" recording, the phone rings, and after a few seconds a man's voice recording says "The feature code you have entered is not valid". I figured that this had something to do with network roaming, so I turned roaming off, but the problem still persists.

In addition, in the past I have sometimes been able to access voicemail, but only in certain locations. However in recent months this has not been the case, and I simply cannot access Sprint voicemail.

To address this, I recently switched voicemail service over to Google Voice, and have had no problem accessing voicemail through it. However, I still have one message on the Sprint voicemail account. I cannot access this message, and not only will the notification icon not go away, but it also makes a loud notification sound every few minutes to alert me of the message. The program actually adjusts the volume of my phone if it's on silent, just to play the noise. I cannot override it. I cannot make the notification go away.

Can anyone help me? I just want to access my Sprint voicemail so I can delete the message and not have to deal with this annoying notification anymore. Thank you.

[EDIT] I just listened to the message all the way through, after a Spanish recording the man's voice says "Message 1, Switch  365" then loops back to saying the code is invalid. I have looked at other discussions like this, and I don't know what my "10-digit code" is; perhaps this code doesn't apply to me, but I am just mentioning it because I have seen it in similar discussions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[SECOND EDIT] Ok this buggy website isn't letting me reply or send private messages, so I will just edit the question.

David, your method allowed me to access my account and listen to my messages -- thank you -- and I archived the messages, and the recording told me I had no new messages.

However, the voicemail notification in the status bar of my phone is still there and won't go away. Is there a way to forcefully remove it? From past experience, the notification doesn't go away until I delete all the messages in my voicemail, which I thought I just did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 1. Cannot access Sprint voicemail?
    Sprint Employee

The ten digit code is your mobile number. If you cant access it if you call in a technical support agent  may be able to access it through a back door access code.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 2. Cannot access Sprint voicemail?
    -D4V1D- Silver Expert

It sounds like the voicemail forwarding that is set when you activate Google voice is still in effect.  If you've gone into your Google voice settings and deactivated the voicemail and you still cannot access your Sprint voicemail, dial *38 send and after the notification 'beeps' try dialing your 10 digit sprint phone number.  *38 removes the call forwarding to the Google voicemail server.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

David

• 3. Cannot access Sprint voicemail?
    ponlaluz Newbie

David, your method allowed me to access my account and listen to my messages -- thank you -- and I archived the messages, and the recording told me I had no new messages.

However, the voicemail notification in the status bar of my phone is still there and won't go away. Is there a way to forcefully remove it? From past experience, the notification doesn't go away until I delete all the messages in my voicemail, which I thought I just did.

• 4. Cannot access Sprint voicemail?
    -D4V1D- Silver Expert

Hey, sorry for the delay - Is this still an issue?

Sometimes to clear the message waiting indicator, the phone just needs to have the battery pulled.  If you've tried this, also make sure that the voicemail settings are set to 'mobile carrier' under settings>call settings>voicemail service.  If it's still an issue, send me a private message with your Sprint phone number so I can attempt to clear it from my end.

Thanks

David

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...