This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2012 10:44 AM by AwaitingModeration RSS

Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)

mgarcia993 Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Hello Sprint,

I'm having some really bad speed issues on my Nexus S 4G and the rest of my phones on our Business accounts. I downloaded the speed test app that is available in the Android Market. I tested it out and got 154 kpbs download and 74 kpbs upload. And I thought that was ridiculous. You guys report 3G to be between 400 kpbs and 700 kpbs? So where are those data speeds? I need a reliable network so I can run my business properly with the constant emails and phone calls. I really can't afford any dropped calls and missed emails due to these network issues. My zip code is 70769 and 70737. Please get these issues fixed soon. Or I'm going to be forced to have to go with a different carrier.

• 1. Data Issues
    JC11999 Regular Visitor

Just look around this forum. This is happening all over the country. Sprint excecutives made some massive mistakes when planning the future of the company and are now several years behind the competition. It seems like the network is completely obsolete and unable to support the current phones. Very few customers with 4G phones have 4G coverage. Those with 3G coverage experience aweful service. This is happening everywhere.

• 2. Data Issues
    robotaholic Gold Expert

If you would provide me a couple of cross streets in that zip code, I can mark your location as having slow data speeds and also see if/when your nearby towers are scheduled to have upgrades for data speeds and voice calls and capacity.  Also you can check sprint.com/network to see for yourself if you want to.

Thanks

-John

• 3. Data Issues

JC11999 I understand I was looking around the forum at all of these issues. I was like wow. What's going on? And then my wife had a huge arguement with Sprint over the phone because they were very disrespectful.... I didn't think Sprint would be this much of an issue.

• 4. Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)
    robotaholic Gold Expert

I did mark the location and did report it to Sprint:

Thank you for marking this location. The information will be sent to engineering but does not create a network ticket.

In order to create a network ticket, you would have to private message me your phone number to attach it to.  I would be happy to do this but would again need your phone number.  Please do not put your phone number on this thread.  You can private message me if you would like.

Thanks

-John

• 5. Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)

I'll do that! Thanks! And thank you for being one of the few Sprint people to help me! You helpfulness is much appreciative.

• 6. Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)
    Krisco1112 Newbie

I have also had similar issues over the past 2 days. My wife and I both have completely lost the ability to use our phones in our house and have spotty coverage until we are a mile or 2 away. We are both using Nexus S 4g's. Our zip code is 76002, closest intersection is Sublett and Matlock. We have had minimal problems up until now.. is there a tower issue in our area?

• 7. Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)
    robotaholic Gold Expert

@ Mgarcia992, I did mark your location, you have two upgrades for data capacity and data throughput scheduled near your home address, and please try to set your phone to Sprint only to see if you get your sms messages, voicemail notifications, picturemail etc on time.  I want to help any way I can.

Thank you

-John

@ Krisco1112, I am showing:

There are no Open Events for ZipCode 76002 in the last 7 days

That means there are no open tickets created for your zip code.  Like I mentioned to the other posters above, if you private message me your personal phone number, I will use one of my tools to see if I should create a ticket to get an Ericsson tech out there right away.

-John

• 8. Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)
    StarksFTW Regular Visitor

Robo, stop lying to people. You know for a fact that these tickets are just a bunch of bs. There are no engineers on the ground and there won't be any in the future. I've got the same scripted response from customer service in the past. Over promise and under deliver. Its the Sprint way.

• 9. Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)
    AwaitingModeration Silver Expert

StarksFTW wrote:

Robo, stop lying to people. You know for a fact that these tickets are just a bunch of bs. There are no engineers on the ground and there won't be any in the future. I've got the same scripted response from customer service in the past. Over promise and under deliver. Its the Sprint way.

Once again you don't have the facts. There are in fact engineers on the ground.  Upgrading data at a site is not like your house where just call your provider and if you have bandwidth they flip a switch.  At a cell site there is an FCC required 3rd party that must handle the transaction between Sprint and the local provider. The FCC requires this so a provider, who may a competitor can't cap, or throttle data that is being paid for. The problem is, it takes a considerable amount of time to get an upgrade done. Sprint requests additional capacity from the 3rd party. The 3rd party then contacts the local provider and requests the bandwidth. Sometimes that takes a day or two, sometimes the local provider says they need to add capacity to their lines (Pull additional cables), and sometimes the local provider says it can't be done until a later date as they have no capacity in the area to get the capacity from. Once the local provider does their part, the 3rd party is contacted, and they provision the additional capacity in their equipment. One the 3rd party has done their upgrades, they contact Sprint and tell them the upgrade is ready at their end. Sprint them adds the capacity at the site. Not as easy as one would hope, but the Government is involved.

• 10. Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)
    StarksFTW Regular Visitor

"Once again you don't have the facts" The download speeds in Springfield, Mo 6 months ago were .02 mbps. The download speeds today in Springfield, MO: .02 mbps. Those are the facts. Sprint has failed miserably and it is NOT getting any better.

• 11. Data Issues (ANSWER SOMEBODY!)
    AwaitingModeration Silver Expert

StarksFTW wrote:

"Once again you don't have the facts" The download speeds in Springfield, Mo 6 months ago were .02 mbps. The download speeds today in Springfield, MO: .02 mbps. Those are the facts. Sprint has failed miserably and it is NOT getting any better.

I never disputed the download speeds, that was not in your post. What you stated was there are no Engineer's on the ground now or in the future , which is false, and also stated the ticksts are BS, which is also false. Sprint dud drop the ball, but at least they have contracts out to try and fix it. Unfortunately due to regulatory junk, it doesn't happen as fast as we would all like it to.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...