This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2012 9:23 PM by tomdeaver RSS

Won't boot up

talkingbird Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone steer me to help with my HTC Evo 4G? I'm on a business trip and all of a sudden my phone won"t boot up! It's fully charged. It opens to the "4G" screen and then cycles back to the Sprint screen, over and over. Anyone?

• 1. Won't boot up
    bigsky37 Newbie

I'm having the same problem. Any advice?

• 2. Won't boot up
    PinkElmo Expert

That doesn't sound good at all. If its stuck in that mode. You may try removing the battery out for 1min and then re-try, but if the problem continues after that you may have to try a hard reset. A Hard reset will erase everything from the phone. Here are the steps

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
    2. Hold the Volume Down button
    3. Press and release the Power button
    4. You are now presented with a menu that allows forFastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    6. Press and release the Power button
    7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all dataincluding third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

This information maybe to late.

Hope this helps.

PinkElmo

• 3. Won't boot up
    bigsky37 Newbie

I had to take my phone to the store and they were able to fix the phone and do an update

• 4. Re: Won't boot up
    talkingbird Regular Visitor

Pink Elmo, fortunately I did not see your response before I managed to get to a Sprint store and they fixed it. And again, fortunately, I had all my phone numbers backed up on my google account (which I didn't know--how very smart of me) so I didn't lose a thing. I will keep your directions, however, in case the unthinkable happens (again!)

Thank you, anyway, and maybe your information will help someone else. Just remember everyone, when you are saving a phone number, save it to your google account, not the phone.

• 5. Re: Won't boot up
    tomdeaver Sprint Employee

That is correct talkingbird.  Also, from your Contacts or People app (depending on your device), Menu - Import/Export - Export to SD - Phone Contacts ~ will actually copy those "phone" contacts to the SD.  By reversing this process and selecting "Import" instead, not only can you restore the non-synced "phone" contacts, but you can easily import them to Google instead of the phone just by selecting the Google Account during import.  If you are not seeing a Google option for import, it means that your Gmail is not loaded yet as in right after a reset. 

Tom

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points