This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Previous Next 110 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2012 2:56 PM by WENZEL88 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 45. sprint nascar mobile
    mad45320 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

I told both account managers that Sprint falsely advertised and they both told me I was wrong because at the time of advertising the app. worked, they just don't care, and I don't know if legally we have any leverage, but obviously they have screwed a lot of customers, and we are just the first of many to find out, and be upset. I told the manager I was on the phone with, that she better get prepaired for a lot of complaints about this.

• 46. sprint nascar mobile
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello stevejamie1188, Going forward the NASCAR application is being made available to Android, and iOS (post development) exclusively because 90% of smartphones in use are Android or Iphone. I am working with a few groups of people to get more information to see if this may change in the future. I will post more information as it's made available to me. Since we do not charge for NASCAR then we have no way to compensate you for times when it's unavailable. You may want to check your account to see if you qualify for an upgrade, so you may move to an Android, or iOS phone.

• 47. sprint nascar mobile
    ZMC Regular Visitor

I can see if it was listed on the original device brochure that it was available and then taken down when they have made this change, but if I was purchasing a phone today, it would still show available on that device and that is FALSE advertising.

• 48. sprint nascar mobile
    jnsr Regular Visitor

We can try to claim false advertisement, but I think they'll say they have the right to change anything, anytime that they want to. Customers have no say in anything. If we did, we would all be getting free upgrades to phones that supported the app.

The phone number below is the number Carol at 'Ole Dan's ' email address told me to call. I haven't tried. Just sent her another email. Said she is available at this number Mon - Fri 9am to 6pm EST. Think I'll call just to see what's up and if I can actually talked to a human and not a computer.

757-223-3770

• 49. sprint nascar mobile
    nas35 Bronze Expert

The best thing to do is if u want nascar mobile is to get a Android or ios phone cents they don't have it on features phones no more.

• 50. sprint nascar mobile
    jnsr Regular Visitor

Ok dude, listen, there are a lot of people on this site who just bought new phones and are not eligible for a new upgrade. Some like me bought a phone a year ago and can not upgrade...er....correction, I can if I want to pay almost 95 bucks for it. And not all smartphones are android phones. And iphones won't get the app until later this year.

We appreciate what you are trying to say or do, but read the letters on the forum.

So far, most customer reps have no idea about the app not working on anything but android phones. Including tech, including the person I talked to on the Escalation Team. Sprint website is STILL showing our phones as being able to get it. And just because it's free to us, doesn't mean that we shouldn't get some sort of compensation when we bought our phones for the sole purpose of being able to get the nascar app. We spent good money for these phones and we deserve some sort of compensation.

But if you work for Sprint, which it looks as if you do, I'm not surprised at your attitude in telling us we shouldn't get compensation because the app is free.

• 51. sprint nascar mobile
    jnsr Regular Visitor

And you will pay for us to do this???? If you've read the forum letters, you will see that a lot of us can't buy new phones because we just bought new phones and are not elibible for upgrades and if we just bought new phones, we might not have the money to buy another one. Phones are expensive especially without the upgrade benefit. Sometimes even with it.......l.

• 52. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    ZMC Regular Visitor

Last time I checked, Blackberry, Windows, and Androids below Android 2.2 were all SMARTPHONES, not feature phones.

If they are not smartphones, than I would like to have the $10 fee that is now placed on my account for having a smartphone removed.

• 53. sprint nascar mobile
    mad45320 Regular Visitor

AMEN jnsr, Fact: Sprint would not have sold these phones without the NASCAR app. that they so heavily advertised! Sprint is proving itself to be nothing but crooks. They should let everyone out of their contract with no penalties or give everyone free upgrades to the Android phones, with the same monthly fee that we are currently paying. They think they can just jabber about oh it's a free app, like it's just some normal app for a smart phone..... and they know they are WRONG!

• 54. sprint nascar mobile
    stevejamie1188 Regular Visitor

RC,

I understand that part. However, I cannot upgrade for another year. I just got off the phone with someone from Sprint. Ya'll are saying that it is in the contract about the apps changing at anytime. Great! But don't tell me to just go buy another phone. That is the part you all don't understand. Its not like we can go out whenever we want and buy a new phone!

I don't want to sit around and wait and see if the app is gonna work again on my 9month old phone! I still don't see why Sprint cannot help us out here. You tote on your wonderful customer service. Make your customers happy! Word of mouth gets around alot faster these days.

Extremely disappointed. Don't be surprised if you have alot of customers pick up and leave.

• 55. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello again folks, I want to point out a few things to help you understand my position in this matter. Firstly I have no hand in the decision to continue or discontinue development for any of our applications for any platform. I have no means to grant a “free” upgrade to you, and I mention that you may want to check your upgrade eligibility since so few customers would want/be willing to purchase a phone at full price. I did not imply that all smart phones are Android, I did write that iOS version is being developed, support for the NASCAR app still comes from Go TV Networks, and I am discussing the matter with people involved in making this decision to see if we have any hope for it being made available to platforms other than iOS, or android in the future. I will post back here with any pertinent response that I receive

• 56. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    ZMC Regular Visitor

We all appreciate any support that you might be able provide to us.  I can't speak for everyone here, but I was not or did not intend for any of my comments to be pointed at you, and I hope you can understand that mine and I believe most of everyone's comments are just coming from a frustrated consumer base, that has had a lot of small changes forced upon us by Sprint over the past year and now to remove a feature that we all enjoy and possibly even was the reason that we stayed with Sprint which is my case. Thanks in advance for any support that you might provide.

• 57. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Thank you for your reply, I understand why you are frustrated,I didn't take anything written here personally, I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page, and will do what I can to help.

• 58. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    stevejamie1188 Regular Visitor

RC,

Please do not take my anger the wrong way. It is not towards you. I do understand you are trying to help us. Just please understand our frustration here. I do appreciate your time.

Thank you.

• 59. sprint nascar mobile
    jnsr Regular Visitor

Yeah, no offense RC, not meant to be personal to you. In fact I'm glad that someone from Sprint is checking out the comments here.

But again on the upgrade thing. A lot of us are not eligible for upgrade especially the people who just upgraded their phones so they could get the app before it was discontinued. I just spoke to Carol from 'old Dan's office and most people will not be able to get a credit.I told her to get on this forum to see how people are feeling. I also told her to get on sprint's website and try to find information other than here, that the app is gone. I also told her about sprint.com/speed still showing phones as being able to receive the app. I also told her I appreciated someone getting back to me on this though it doesn't sound like anything will really be done. She did say she would forward my comments to the appropriate office.

One of the big problems is people who just upgraded and were under the impression they would be able to get this app are now finding out that they can't. And when you upgrade, Sprint locks you into a 2yr contract I do believe. Personally, I think it should only be a year contract. So if you just upgraded, thinking you were going to get the app and now you can't, what can they do? Suck it up? Spend more money on a phone?

If Sprint really wants to make their customers happy, they will figure out some sort of credit or something to give to the people who are not elibible for the upgrade.

RC, I thank you for trying to help out where you can. And for listening to what we have to say even if there is nothing you can do about it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points