This discussion is archived
1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 110 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2012 2:56 PM by WENZEL88 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 90. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    DOUG_HENNING Valued Member
    Currently Being Moderated

Boy oh boy...  Sprint has taken flack from many for pre-loading the NASCAR App on phones for people who are not fans..  One look at the current App which I used on my EVO Shift without a problem ( a good cheap choice for BB users since it has a physical KB) and you can see why..  it had features that would not work on other environments frankly and it probably would have been too difficult to retrofit what they wanted to do to the old software..    My problem with the NASCAR App is is unusable in real time watching the race in person or on TV because of the lag... The leaderboard and talk appeared to be well behind the action itself...

It's really no different that other companies forcing you to upgrade web browsers in order to continue using some software...

I think if created a big enough stink, they might give you an early upgrade to a supported device..

• 91. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    stevejamie1188 Regular Visitor

No dice! They won't give any of us a free early upgrade. Personally, I had it on my bb and didn't have any trouble with it.

• 92. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    Mayven65 Regular Visitor

I had it on my BB also, with no problems.....

• 93. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    KYLEADAM45 Newbie

What doesn't make sense is no notice right before the season starts. If they haven't noticed, most people want to use it when the season starts not in the off season. Also, iPhone should have the new app already if they knew that were doing this. It may be Sprint's way of limiting data use without "throttling." Also discontinuing picture mail too. Hummm, maybe unlimited isn't so unlimited....   My Blackberry was working fine for the season ending race. It's so bogus!

• 94. Re: sprint nascar mobile

I used the App on my EVO and it was very different from the previous years....  offered more audio and updates..  As stated, if they updated the backend software, it only supported the new versions that were loaded on Androids last month...  The enhancements  would not work on older phones and they probably found very few BB users so it wasn't worth trying to get it to work on the lower powered BB devices..  There's a reason why Apple and Android have far more Apps than Blackberry

• 95. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    mad45320 Regular Visitor

At Doug, this is not a debate about who has the coolest phone, the issue at hand is that Sprint sold these phones with the intent of getting this app, the NASCAR app, not some other app, I myself bought two blackberry phones, and paid for the more expensive smart phone plans just to get the NASCAR app, I got my phones last may, and also got my son a phone that had to be on the plan to have internet access that we did not need except for the NASCAR app, and now we are under a two year contract that Sprint will not let us out of, will not offer a free upgrade to the phone that does use the app, and I am paying for a plan that I have absolutely no use at all for. The app worked great all last season on both my blackberry phones, and we used it all season. This is rediculouls that Sprint is treating there customers this way and those of us that are getting screwed will  never come back to Sprint, no matter what phone or application they are selling.

• 96. Re: sprint nascar mobile

Unfortunately, software is complex and I guess from Sprint's point of view, it was cheaper for them to tick off Blackberry folks who used the NASCAR App than to make the online features work for it and Android...   Their judgement is that most of the users were Android and would like the better App..   In business, it's risk reward.... they chose the solution that would sell more new phones not support old phones... if they lose a couple thousand BB  customers like you, so be it but they figure they'll gain more with a batter app that works now on Android and later on IPHONE.. They've got a few more years of NASCAR sponsorship locked up and frankly today, nobody is buying Blackberries anymore..

So if NASCAR is so important, pick up a cheap Android phone via EBAY and enjoy your NASCAR App..  I just saw EVO Shifts going for around $!00-150 refurb..  Mine worked just fine last night during the race and Saturday afternoon as well...  Otherwise,  ESPN Mobile was not bad following the race just not with all the bells and whistles...

• 97. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    jnsr Regular Visitor

It's not just Blackberry's and iphones, it's other phones too. Mine was neither and it stopped working.

If you all persue this more and get yourself transferred to an escalation team member, you might be able to get some sort of credit. You won't know if you don't try. 

• 98. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    CHEROKEE1221 Newbie

Another disgruntled BB user, NASCAR fan that has been ousted with Sprint's latest **** in excluding everyone without notice who doesnt have an Android...yet they are the number 1 sponsor. As a sprint customer for 13 years...and one of the main reasons for getting a BB was for the NASCAR app.....I am terminating my contract when its up.  This is ridculous!!!  Sprint, you could have done better by your customers!  Send a memo or something...JEEZ!  Start of the racing season and can't watch a thing.  Pitiful.

• 99. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    CHEROKEE1221 Newbie

Another disgruntled BB user, NASCAR fan that has been ousted with Sprint's latest **** in excluding everyone without notice who doesnt have an Android...yet they are the number 1 sponsor. As a sprint customer for 13 years...and one of the main reasons for getting a BB was for the NASCAR app.....I am terminating my contract when its up.  This is ridculous!!!  Sprint, you could have done better by your customers!  Send a memo or something...JEEZ!  Start of the racing season and can't watch a thing.  Pitiful.

• 100. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    SabrinaJustus Newbie

I have the LG Lotus Elite and ive had the Nascar app since i started my service with sprint years ago.  I am not happy that they dont even tell u they are taking part of ur service away.  I used my app and thats the part of the reason that I have chosen the phones that ive used in these past few years.  Thankfully my contract ends soon.  Im tired of the poor customer treatment Sprint has to offer.  Id rather pay a higher bill with better account management.

• 101. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    mdl5155 Newbie

I emailed the Dan@ and a customer service rep phoned me. She was VERY well trained in her explanation and also very well trained in saying I was not going to get any credit, exception, discount, or anything else. I wanted the Sprint Cup Mobile so bad I actually reluctantly went to my local Sprint store to upgrade. I was the only customer in the store the entire time I was there. Five employees were there and not a single one got up to help me. All of them were sitting on stools on the customer side of the counter messing with what I assumed were their personal phones. One employee asked me what I wanted. I told her I wanted to upgrade my Blackberry to an Android phone and she simply pointed and said "they're over there" and went back to messing with her phone. Should I give up? I'm eligible for a $150 credit on one of my phones but not the other and my wife has to have one just like mine so I can keep explaining how it works.

• 102. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    ShannonBeringer Newbie

Just sent Dan an email.  I was really hesitant on going with Sprint to begin with and now I am really regretting my decision to switch to Sprint.

• 103. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    frank859 Regular Visitor

I agree. Sprint should have sent an e-mail or text to everyone who has a BB and used Sprint\NASCAR App last season. Now I'm stuck with a CRAPPY BB and I can't access NASCAR app. Next the Football app will be gone and they will start removing everything making BB just a phone and messaging device!

• 104. Re: sprint nascar mobile
    stevejamie1188 Regular Visitor

I'm not letting this go. I'm fighting until the end. I'm going to exhaust all my options with this deal. The thing is, they want us to throw our hands in the air and say just forget about it......I'm not doing that though. Sorry, Sprint.

I actually had no issues whatsoever with Sprint up until this point with the Nascar app. I was truly happy my service. Now though, its a different story.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points