This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2012 11:12 PM by techcj.manzer RSS

Unlimited data roaming?

michiganitis77 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Just signed up for Sprint. Wife and I got two iPhone 4S'. We also put my mom on our plan with a Samsung Trend phone. We have the Everything Data Share 1500. So I get that we have 1500 Anytime minutes between the three of us. We all have unlimited text. My wife and I have unlimited data on the iPhones. They also said that the Samsung Trend has unlimited data as well for the $19.99 to add her line. Is that correct?

Also...is voice roaming free or charged?

Finally...data roaming. I read that data roaming is free up to 300MB per month. But on our data usage page, it says I've used 24KB out of Unlimited. Is data roaming free, then?

Thanks!!!

• 1. Re: Unlimited data roaming?
    -D4V1D- Silver Expert

Data and voice roaming are included with your plan.  With that said, the terms and conditions or your agreement are that you will be using the services primarily within Sprint coverage.  If your plan exceeds 800 minutes of roaming or 300Mb per month, your account can be subjected to termination for excessive roaming.  Will this happen if you go over a little here or there - usually not, this typically happens more with people who live in a roaming area and nearly all of their usage is off-network.  Here is the verbiage from your terms and conditions:

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network.

Also, just to note, you will not incur additional charges for using occasional roaming services.

Oh! and yes, the 1500 minutes are shared between your three lines.  Any domestic calling while in Sprint coverage between any mobile on any network and calls from 7pm-7am and weekends are unlimited as well.

• 2. Re: Unlimited data roaming?
    Uchiha_Sasuke Expert

800 minutes of roaming for voice and 300mb for data is included but it will be deducted on the anytime minutes for voice, just dont know how it works for the data.

• 3. Re: Unlimited data roaming?
    AndroidKing Newbie

quick question earlier sprints network was down from about 4am to 1:45pm and i always thought that using roaming charges you but i so had to use my phone for a emergency i used about 45 min on roaming so i just wanna make sure i dont get charged but if like your saying if its included and which i never use then thats a plus so now in the future if the network goes down and i roam for about 2 hours talk time ill be ok

• 4. Re: Unlimited data roaming?
    SILKYREDSTRANDS Newbie

well as I understand now there will be no unlimited data for any plan .. caps are now being put in place.. as a 10+ year sprint premier gold customer I had the unlimited everything plan going back a few years now and all of a sudden had an issue with my data card no being able to get on 4g so i called up and found out that not only did they change what services I should have in my plan but also they now have data caps. I contacted customer support but all they said was my plan was outdated and I should update it and pay more money but yet I would still have caps .. think i will just finish out my contracts and move on to another company 10 years I am a customer and spend thousands per years on my phone and my business lines ..I am very understandind and dont mind paying a premium for good service .. hope sprint is asking themselves why so many long term high paying customers will be walking away soon!! They better get thier unlimited plans and customer service practices to thier long term customers reviewed before they lose many to the competition offering more for less. I mean I never bothered looking because my needs and customer service level were always met so i paid more money and ignored the competition .. I am now reviewing my options because lets face it what I was really paying for is now gone fro great service and care to this is the new way or go away! 

• 5. Re: Unlimited data roaming?
    techcj.manzer Newbie

Just a minor correction, Sprint has only put data "caps" on their Hotspot service, Tablet plans, and internet data cards. Phones, for now, still contine to be unlimited. Also a 10+ year gold member.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...