Kyocera DuraMax Software Update - 1.007sp
- Security fix
- Roaming Guard changes
- Sprint Direct connect enhancements
- Support for up to 200 members on TeamDC
- One Touch Direct Connect settings
- Intermittent missed voice calls
- Enabling Commerical Mobile Alert System (CMAS)
- Software version is 1.007sp
- May be released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within a few days
- Refer to the Kyocera Duramax Software Update blog for install instructions
1. This software was not pushed/forced out to our fleet of phones. Therefore its ineffective. We have approximately 80 duramax phones.
2. The phones that were manually updated showed no improvement with Sprint Direct connect. No improvement with missed called. Not much improvement overall, other than a false expectation that the phone is going to somehow work better by the users.
In addition to this, the delay of the 1X coverage release is only hurting this phone and the Sprint Direct connect reputation.
I guess there was a reason why Motorola didn't want to make a phone for the Sprint Direct connect Network Vision. Kyocera certainly didn't live up to the expectations that Motorola left behind.
Just got this phone today. Had been pushed for months to upgrade to the indestructable, 10 times better than I680, Kyocera Duramax.
In less tha 30 minutes we knew that this phone fell horribly short of previous Motorola phones, especially the I680. Now 5 hours into owning it we realize just how dissappointing it is.
Audio is too crisp and borderlines on scratchy. DC calls are lost lid key.
DC key seems to hang up and freeze. Signal strength and network strength are horrible.
Very disappointed and feeling very deceived by Sprint and the local wireless store that services our company.
Check out a fun infographic that teaches you how to increase storage, enhance security, improve battery life and clean your device.