8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2013 9:01 PM by kinnschpreston RSS

MEID number location

amberleighlambright Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Does anyone know where to find the MEID number for a 4S?  I have been locked out of my phone and Apple needs this number to help me!

• 1. Re: MEID number location
    dsan3554 Newbie

On the box it came in.

• 2. Re: MEID number location
    DONALIEN Silver Expert

The MEID can be found in two locations. In the Settings icon via General > About, and on the barcode sticker that is found on the end of the original box. If you're unable to locate this information, send me a private message. I can find out MEID in our systems. Also, you may be able to unlock the iPhone using iTunes on your computer. You should be able to find instructions online. If the phone has been synced with a computer, the same computer should be able to unlock it. If the phone has never been synced, you can still use iTunes to unlock the phone, but all data will be lost in the process. Let me know what happens!

• 3. Re: MEID number location
    dsan3554 Newbie

Not sure Amber. Have you tried calling sprint or where you bought it from? Maybe they have record of it. I understand you cant use your phone to do so but perhaps you are close to another phone to do so.

• 4. Re: MEID number location
    RobertSantillan Regular Visitor

on the side of the phoen there should be a sim card slot use a paper clip to get it out there should be the meid on that

• 5. Re: MEID number location
    Bob_McNoodlie Regular Visitor

The SIM tray on an iPhone 4S activated on CDMA carrier displays both the MEID and IMEI number as 15 digits. The MEID number uses the first 14 digits, disregarding the last digit, and the IMEI number uses all 15 digits.

• 6. Re: MEID number location
    rpaleja1 Newbie

my phones been lost could you find my IMEI number i need to track it

• 7. Re: MEID number location
    Fergie_B Sprint Employee

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  I'm very sorry to hear that your device has been lost.  If you've downloaded the Find My iPhone application to your device prior to losing it, you'll be able to track your device on iCloud.com.  Once signed into your iCloud account, you'll have a Find My iPhone option to select.   If you've not signed up for this feature on your device, Sprint Family Locator (if previously subscribed) would also be able to locate the device.  Again, this would have required activating the feature ahead of time.   If none of these options have been previously activated, there would be no way for us to track your device.  However, if you do not have the device and need to find your IMEI, you can find it on the box that your device came in.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sprint Technical Support
    Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

• 8. Re: MEID number location
    kinnschpreston Newbie

Dial *#06#.  Your MEID will come up, in case you can't find your box or threw it away.  As far as I know Sprint phones don't have an IMEI number.  I don't think carriers that are on CDMA networks have phones that have IMEA numbers.  I only think phones with sim cards (GSM networks) have a IMEA number.  Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Message was edited by: kinnschpreston

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points