This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2012 10:49 PM by ercp123 RSS

Dropped calles (every call)

jmeyers506 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have an HTC EVO that has worked fine since I got it 18 months ago. I work from home (143rd & Metcalf, 66223) and it has always worked fine. However for the last two weeks, every call I make drops. I seem to have good reception (3-4 bars), but the call drops. I took the phone in to a store and they told me there wasn't anything wrong with it. Are there any tower issues? Would a signal booster help? An Airave? This is my business phone and I need one that works. I have been a customer for over 20 years and have 5 phones on my account, but my patients is wearing thin.

• 1. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    Sprint Employee

I sent you a private message to request more info.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 2. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    GODENVER73 Regular Visitor

I've been having similar problems since the 8th.  Without warning, without anything happening to the phone, my signal consistancy has gone to ZERO!  One minute I have all the bars, the next they are ALL gone.  They come and go so frequently that I really can't do anything with the phone.  Calls don't get through and most of the time the phone doesn't even ring.  WIthout the reception, I can't use the browser, email or even text reliably.  Spent HOURS on the phone with sprint, in the stores, etc.  Nothing has fixed this. Even replaced the phone and still having the same problem.  Sprint insists theres nothing wrong. VERY FRUSTRATING!

• 3. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    jmeyers506 Newbie

I can't keep a call up for more than 15 seconds before it drops.

• 4. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    obermitch Newbie

I have had so many dropped calls (everyother call is dropped) here in Tulsa, Oklahoma and nobody seems to know what is going on!  Very slow data speed and I don't always receive all of my text messages!  It's been getting worse since the new Apple iPhones have been out (At least it seems that way to me)!  All three of my smartphones are having problems!   And everybody I know that has Sprint in Tulsa has the same issues!

• 5. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    obermitch Newbie

I have the Airwav in Tulsa and it works OK in the home but will not help at all away from home where I'm on my phone the most!

• 6. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    Sprint Employee

obermitch If you service issues are that severe (everyother call is dropped- 50%) you need to call in or go to a Sprint authorized repair center. I have access to market and national service statistics that show Tulsa under 1% drop and under 1% block for voice calls. In your case a detailed analysis and device testing is needed.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

• 7. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    fireguy_6364 Master

if you have multiple phones having the issue then its for sure a network problem. that alone just narrowed it down.

obermitch wrote:

I have had so many dropped calls (everyother call is dropped) here in Tulsa, Oklahoma and nobody seems to know what is going on!  Very slow data speed and I don't always receive all of my text messages!  It's been getting worse since the new Apple iPhones have been out (At least it seems that way to me)!  All three of my smartphones are having problems!   And everybody I know that has Sprint in Tulsa has the same issues!

• 8. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    fireguy_6364 Master

especially because of this. for sure a network issue

obermitch wrote:

I have had so many dropped calls (everyother call is dropped) here in Tulsa, Oklahoma and nobody seems to know what is going on!  Very slow data speed and I don't always receive all of my text messages!  It's been getting worse since the new Apple iPhones have been out (At least it seems that way to me)!  All three of my smartphones are having problems!  And everybody I know that has Sprint in Tulsa has the same issues!

• 9. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    Trushr1 Newbie

I am having same problem.  My calls are dropping after 10 seconds.  I am in 60073 in Illinois and it's just getting worse day by day.  I have had dropped calls before but not this severe.  Sometimes I don't get my text messages for hours later.  What Can I do to fix these issues.

• 10. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    xcguyxc Newbie

Same here 60101 & 60108. Its like every call!

• 11. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    AEROAPRIL11 Newbie

I am in 60181 and this has been going on for over a Month now!!!! I'm ready to drop Sprint!!! I have been with them for 16 years. All I keep hearing is tower issues!!!

• 12. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    AEROAPRIL11 Newbie

Me too every call!!! I'm really sick of this!

• 13. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    DESIREEJEAN Newbie

I too have had the same issues. This for me started back in December. There have been approx. (4) seperate instances that I was unable to use any parts of my phone (ex. calls, mms, sms, internet, etc...). I called it in from another phone and they stated it must be a device issue, since I was having problems in many different areas. I did everything I could with the phone except replace it. They even wiped out the whole phone :-/ (complete reset). The worst is when you are in the middle of a conversation and it is dropped. I can not make calls but can receive them (only to lose the call).  I am in 07734

I am waiting (2) more months and will upgrade to a new device but if I have the same problem once again, I will have no choice but to leave Sprint.

• 14. Re: Dropped calles (every call)
    Sprint Employee

For the Illinois posters  network vision upgrade is affecting your service.The Network Vision improvements are under way in that area.

This is the official statement as to why this occurring.

To all listed, I apologize for the issues you are having with your service. With the information that we have there is an issue that affects a general portion of the Chicago area: Customers in the following area(s): Chicago : Chicago,Chicago : Gary,Chicago : Kankakee,Chicago : Rockford,Chicago : Rural may experience diffculties with the following services : Capacity EVDO - All Services,Capacity Voice - All Services,EVDO Connection - Blocked Connection,EVDO Connection - Dropped Connection,EVDO Connection - Slow Data,Text Messaging - Intermittent Service,Voice  - Out of Service,Voice - Blocked calls,Voice - Dropped calls.  We also have began the process of upgrading our cell sites to Network Vision. Temporary impairments causing increased Drops and Blocks may occur unfortunately during this upgrade process as other towers try to compensate for the towers that are being serviced/repaired.  I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...