11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2012 5:34 PM by RC1024 RSS

HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES

bb_barth Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have had a few replacements the past couple of months, I believe I am on my 3rd or 4th EVO 3D in the past 3 months or so. I have had nothing but issues with the screen glitching out and not recognizing touch, the phone selecting it's own things, random dialing, etc... I have it on video and have looked into it and it appears that there is a few cases similar. I don't know what is going on or what i am doing wrong or what can be done to fix it. Sprint store has replaced the screen, the phones and everything else and still no solution, so It appears to be the Sense UI or something, because I doubt this many phones have the same hardware issues in a row. I have done updates, resets, everyrthing and still no success. If there are any ideas on how to fix it, let me know. Otherwise I am taking it back to the store and demanding something else. Here are my videos below..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NncTFm6baBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CDxp5Ce1Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRTlTnQXSro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-0rktf8Ds

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    Expert

I have had my EVO 3D about 2 months and am on my second replacement. Several glitches with this phone. The touch screen is sometimes non responsive, the phone freezes up almost daily. I have to remove the battery almost everyday. Usually the battery pull works but its rediculous to have to do so almost daily. I do agree though that there may be something wrong with the sense UI on this phone but I will just deal with it for now I guess............ I should have stuck with my original EVO 4G. I am eligible for an upgrade now but am waiting on LTE.........

Message was edited by: Que_P

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    KeeganCarter Regular Visitor

I had a similar problem with my first 3vo, screen constantly thought it was being touched, made swyping through home screens imposible. Also clicked text while I would type. Current 3vo is shutting off and freezing at least once a day. I'm in the same boat as you, I want a reliable replacement but its been a few months sence I got this one.

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello Keegan Carter, please review this post http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/406875#406875. this could be a hardware problem. Although if you have not gone through settings/apps, and have not completed normal troubleshooting it's possibly software related. Please tell us more about the symptoms that you've seen.

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    fireguy_6364 Master

youre not by chance running a task killer or something like one are you?

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    urban_panther90 Regular Visitor

i am on my 5th Evo 3d and i have not even had the phone for a year the most aggrevating glitch is when your trying to type a text message and it glitches out, do you know if they are doing any firmware updates soon.

• 6. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

will you describe what you mean by it glitches out when you try to type a text message?

• 7. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    LISACONOLY1959 Newbie

I have the same issues when texting. I go to text something and it will pop back to the small screen where you can see the whole conversation. Then I touch the screen again to type, maybe get 2 letters typed and it will glitch and pop back to the previous screen. It also does that if, while you're texting, you receive an incoming text. Its random and theres no pattern to explain when or why its gonna happen. Its infuriating.

• 8. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    LISACONOLY1959 Newbie

I have the same issues when texting. I go to text something and it will pop back to the small screen where you can see the whole conversation. Then I touch the screen again to type, maybe get 2 letters typed and it will glitch and pop back to the previous screen. It also does that if, while you're texting, you receive an incoming text. Its random and theres no pattern to explain when or why its gonna happen. Its infuriating.

• 9. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    2to4andback21 Newbie

I am experiencing the same problem and I am getting the run around.  Unlike others who have gone to a Sprint store and had there defective HTC EVO 3D replaced my phone did not to continue to jump from screen to screen while the technician was checking it.  I believe this was due to the fact that I had turned it off for quite some time until I could go to my Ready Now appointment.  When I turned it back on it worked fine, but a few hours later it started to do the same thing again.  I was told to call the manufacturer and have them replace the phone, so I will be without a phone during all of this time and Sprint is doing nothing to help, but still expect payment for a non functioning phone, which is out of use and is only 2 months in use.

• 10. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello Lisa Conoly1959, I'm sorry for the delay in replying. If you cannot identify the pattern or trigger of why this is happening then going into a service and repair may be your best bet. In my experience, while using my phone without the case, I have found that my Evo 3D's Home, Menu, Back, and search buttons are often inadvertently activated. this phone's screen is very sensitive, and this could be related to the problem that you are having.

• 11. Re: HTC EVO 3D GLITCHES
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Hello 2to4andback21, That's unfortunate that you are having trouble. While the manufacturer of the phone is responsible for the yearlong warranty The service and repair center can service your phone for a $35 fee, unless you have total equipment protection TEP ,or the in store repair program ESRP. when the screen was not reacting as expected was the phone warm? do you generally tote the phone where pressure may be constantly applied?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...