This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2012 2:03 PM by sportyg007 RSS

Picture Mail Website

tinkcrafter33 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Sprint has posted a msg indicating that the website is to be gone in April.  Does this mean that picture mail sent to and from a phone will no longer be visible through the spriont website or will there be alternatives so that pictures sent by minors, etc can be monitored?

• 1. Re: Picture Mail Website
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Yes, Sprint Picture Mail site will be  de-commisioned on 04/30/12.

As for NEW picture messages you send and receive, until 4/30/12 they will still be hosted within the online storage at www.sprint.com/picturemail.  (messages are stored 60 days and then auto-expire).  IF there is a specific image you wish to retain, you can visit the site and download to your pc thru 4/30/12.  The online storage is not required for messages to be sent and received by your friends and family, so don't worry - you'll still be able to send and receive anytime you want.

If you’ve ever sent or received pictures or videos on your Sprint phone, they may be stored on our sprint.com/picturemail website. We’ll soon be discontinuing our online storage capability so it’s important you move the media you want to keep to your PC or to your favorite photo management or social networking site before 4/30/12.

You will not lose your ability to take, receive or share pictures and videos. You will lose your ability to store and manage them online.

Start by organizing your photos and videos by dragging and dropping them into albums. You’ll then be able to:

• Share them with friends. 
    • Download them to your computer. 
    • Upload images and albums to a “Place” - such as Facebook, Myspace, YouTube™, Photobucket, Flicker®, Snapfish and more.

- You’ll need an account setup with the destination site before you can upload to a Place. 

- It’s easy to do – just click Add a Place on your Picture Mail page and you’re ready to go.

• Unsure if you have images online? Find out at sprint.com/picturemail. 
    • For step-by-step instructions moving your media, click help.

For more info visit Sprint Picture Mail  site https://pictures.sprintpcs.com/publiclogin.do?ECID=vanity%3Apicturemail

Hope this helps

Abe

• 2. Re: Picture Mail Website
    DDeeey Newbie

Considering I had to put a data block on my phone to prevent casual data fees from sprint (despite not using anything online, the casual data fee still kept occuring even when I had a data block on my phone) I do LOSE the ability to receive and share pictures and videos, in addition to losing the online storage option as it is the only means I can receive pictures on my phone number despite having a plan that is supposed to have unlimited picture messages without a data plan.  SO YEAH, sprint can suck it cause i'm going somehwere else after they disable that website. 

• 3. Re: Picture Mail Website
    LoftyFamily Newbie

I actually cancelled my daughter's phone line after decomissioning of the online monitoring tool. Sprint has missed the point with this one, a lot of parents used the picture mail website to keep an eye on what their children were sending AND being sent via picture mail to/from their phones.

• 4. Re: Picture Mail Website
    SCRAP79 Newbie

I DIDNT RECIEVE ANY EMAIL STATING THIS.... HOW CAN I RETREIVE MY PICS NOW... THAT ISNT FAIR.... I HAD IRREPLACABLE PICS AMD VIDEOS

• 5. Re: Picture Mail Website
    Levi4u Master
  • 6. Re: Picture Mail Website
    7754507796 Newbie

I have years of pictures on my phone!!! I am in tears now!! I had pictures of my little brother,grandma,kids dad, and my dad on this site!!!  My little brother was only 24, my kids dad 25, and my dad only 54!! All of them have passed away in the past 5 years!!!!! I found out now the pictures are no longer to see with no notice!!  WHY!!??!!! My heart is in my stomach and hurts!! I have been with sprint for over 10 years and plan on switching. I also have had many people switch to Sprint. Lost a loyal customer due to memories taken from my family...

• 7. Re: Picture Mail Website
    SYCOMONKEY83 Newbie

I was lucky enough to backup my pictures that were stored on their webpage.  That is not my problem; rather it is that I got a picture mail from someone today.  At 128x160, my phone's screen is far too small to make anything out.  Previously this was located at pictures.sprintpcs.com, but that's deprecated.  If there is a new site, they should have just done a simple redirect or at least put a link to it instead of to the support site; as it is right now it is virtually impossible to find it.

If it is just impossible to view picture mail online now, well, that's a pretty terrible move on Sprint's part, they should have just disabled picture mail entirely for all the good it does people now.  Very, very few people have smartphones or really any kind of phone big enough to look at pictures on.  Picture mail is not very important to me, I never send them and I only get them from others very rarely, so perhaps it would be easier to just tell people not to send them to me, as I cannot view them.

But it is the principle of the matter.  They had a feature, and then they (presumably) took it away, for no reason.

• 8. Re: Picture Mail Website
    sportyg007 Regular Visitor

AS A LONG TIME SUPPORTER OF SPRINT IM VERY DISAPPOINTED ABOUT THE PICTUREMAIL BEING TAKEN AWAY. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHEN I FIRST GOT MY PHONE THAT WAS EVEN AVAILIBLE I JUST HAPPEN TO FIND IT BY ACCIDENT. IT WAS A GOOD THING TO HAVE IF I LOST MY PHONE OR NEEDED TO RETRIEVE ANY PICS THAT GOT ERASED. NOW THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN IT AWAY JUST AS I WAS GETTING USE TO HAVING IT IM SO DISAPPOINTED THAT IM NOT GOING TO RENEW MY CONTRACT WHEN ITS UP.. I KNOW THAT YOU COULD HAVE CAME UP WITH SOME OTHER WAY TO LET US KEEP IT. WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY OUT THERE YOU CAN CAME UP WITH A BETTER WAY FOR US TO KEEP USING IT......??????      HOW MANY MORE LONG TIME CUSTOMERS ARE YOU WILLING TO LOSE???????