1 2 3 4 5 6 13 Previous Next 181 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 6:29 PM by cljahn1963 Go to original post RSS
  • 45. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    katieC2000 Regular Visitor
    Currently Being Moderated

How is the status bar? Has that issue been fixed? After Gingerbread it was impossible to read the status bar.

• 46. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    LOTHSAHN Regular Visitor

Never had the status bar problem.  Looked fine in the previous Gingerbread update, looks fine now.

streetspirit1979:

yeah got the update this am dled and installed .. still says 2.2 ..   then techie (supervisor) says it was an ota for 2.2 not 2.3 ..  ok sure a new update for old software? really.  well going to store maybe they can manually install it. rly both lg and sprint cant get shite right.

This is a fix for the 2.3 update.  After installing, it should say LS670ZVJ and be 2.3.  If you're still on 2.2 (ZVD), then you don't have the update.  If it says ZVH, you don't have the update.

• 47. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    streetspirit1979 Regular Visitor

oddly enough i had to do a good ol battery pull .. after it supposedly downloaded the update.. and downloaded properly thus time. ok so that seemed to be the issue, issues seem to be fixed as far as i can tell with the keyboard volume is fine and sd card seems to b ok. Lets hope both companys learn from these errors and test things out before sending them to customers. "face palm"

• 48. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    CDC88 Regular Visitor

This is actually a second Gingerbread update because the first one [..]so bad sprint officially offered instructions how to revert back to 2.2 froyo, I believe there is a link in this very forum here http://http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/lg_optimus_s.shtml  .    Also my update went through a few days ago and it shows 2.3.3, SW version LS670ZVJ.  This updated update is just as poorly executed as the last.....real shame!

Message was edited by: mapesy

• 49. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    toothfairy81 Regular Visitor

I just updated to this new software.

The good thing is that it didn't erease any of the application that I previously installed on my phone

The bad things are... it's that black with green graphic again! the same graphic from first **** update when everything about this phone started to go down hill.

this graphic sucks! texting keyboard buttons are smaller.

texing smily faces- you have to hold it down and slide in one motion while choosing. you can't not let go otherwise the choice window will close.

phone dialing pads doesn't have clear divider in between numbers.

these colors and graphic is not easy on eyes and user friendly...

my camera quality still sucks- blurry

pre installed navigation app is still loading-searching for location and searching for the gps...

I wonder if it freezes while giving direction like it has been...

notification scroll down is good but scrolling back up is not easy.

How do I undo this update? help sprint!

I got fooled again. thinking like others with same phone...

It can't be worst than what's been going on since the first update.

instead of updating to new software, you guys should create undo update option.

and stop bugging on notification every 5 minutes to update...

HEEELLLPPP!!

• 50. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    ShellShellBear Newbie

Oh my god, Sprint you have done it again....I just installed the update. No problems installing though my heart was pounding.

So it installs fine and I roll over to go to sleep.

10 minutes later THE SCREEN HAS STILL NOT SHUT OFF.

I waited and waited, I unplugged it from the charger and waited, NOTHING, I have to MANUALLY turn it off by clicking the power button once to get the screen to go black, despite screen timeout option being selected as "30 seconds".

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, if it has a bug 2 seconds in to update what else have you done wrong this time?

Woooooooow. This was a great idea so far.

• 51. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

ShellShellBear,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with the update. Have you tried toggling to a different option on the screen timeout settings? Have you tried pulling the battery and testing it out after powering back on the phone? If that does not work it's possible you may need to perform a hard reset and reload the phones software, this is unfortunately required in some situations to correct problems after a recent software update.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

• 52. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

SprintFTW44 wrote:

I haven't gotten the update yet. I'm running the previous version, 2.3.3, or ZVH.  Has anyone with ZVH gotten it?  I got the update on the second day last time, and I live in a large Dallas suburb, which I thought was one of Sprint's largest and most prestigious markets.  Just wondering why I haven't received it yet, a week after it started rolling out.

The devices are selected randomly by Google, your region has no impact on when you receive the update. It's being rolled out over a 21 day period starting on 4/4.

• 53. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    trythisgt Newbie

This update broke Netflix app. 

Everything is fine, except netflix or me.  I had baseband ZVD and netflix worked great while my wife still has ZVD (froyo) and netflix is fine on hers.

My device now has ZVJ and I will be going back to Froyo.  Sorry sprint/Lg team, no go.

• 54. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    LOTHSAHN Regular Visitor

SprintFTW44 wrote:

I haven't gotten the update yet. I'm running the previous version, 2.3.3, or ZVH.  Has anyone with ZVH gotten it?  I got the update on the second day last time, and I live in a large Dallas suburb, which I thought was one of Sprint's largest and most prestigious markets.  Just wondering why I haven't received it yet, a week after it started rolling out.

Yes, my wife's phone was ZVH and it got the update and installed fine.  You'll just have to be patient...

• 55. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    LOTHSAHN Regular Visitor

ShellShellBear wrote:

Oh my god, Sprint you have done it again....I just installed the update. No problems installing though my heart was pounding.

So it installs fine and I roll over to go to sleep.

10 minutes later THE SCREEN HAS STILL NOT SHUT OFF.

I waited and waited, I unplugged it from the charger and waited, NOTHING, I have to MANUALLY turn it off by clicking the power button once to get the screen to go black, despite screen timeout option being selected as "30 seconds".

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, if it has a bug 2 seconds in to update what else have you done wrong this time?

Woooooooow. This was a great idea so far.

My wife's phone definitely does not have this issue post-upgrade.  Try toggling the setting as recommended by Shane_M...  it may resolve it.

• 56. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

trythisgt wrote:

Everything is fine, except netflix or me.  I had baseband ZVD and netflix worked great while my wife still has ZVD (froyo) and netflix is fine on hers.

My device now has ZVJ and I will be going back to Froyo.  Sorry sprint/Lg team, no go.

Try going into your menu > settings > applications and selecting all and finding the Netflix application, clear out the cache and data; this may cause you to relog into your Netflix account. Let me know if that works please.

• 57. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    kdg-atl Newbie

Just updated my phone - the last update really messed up my phone; lost contacts, sd card errors, bluetooth not connecting, volume in calls way too loud.  This update installed in a few seconds, and so far, so good.  I don't appear to have lost anything.  Predictive texting is back - yes!  And no sd card error messages!  Hopefully this fixed everything that was wrong - I was beginning to hate this phone!  We'll see how it works over the weekend...for now, thanks Sprint! 

• 58. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    ShellShellBear Newbie

Ok, I took battery out, still phone wouldn't dim the screen, changed the settings to 1 minute and back to 30 seconds and now it works.

Not sure why it happened but it scared me, I already hate this phone enough with the tiny virtual keyboard and the constant issues I've been having, I didn't want the screen to stay bright all the time and drain my battery too .:(

Thanks for the help

Shellie

• 59. Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
    trythisgt Newbie

Regarding the netflix sync issue, prio

Shane_M wrote:

trythisgt wrote:

Try going into your menu > settings > applications and selecting all and finding the Netflix application, clear out the cache and data; this may cause you to relog into your Netflix account. Let me know if that works please.

I have tried that. I have installed 5 older versions of netflix erasing all the cache and data from every version. I did a complete system wipe through recovery and still no improvement. I have tried running it from SD card and from the phones internal memory.  The video is running in slow motion, almost 1/2 speed, while the audio runs at normal speed regardless of program I choose to watch.

This is on wifi and it worked fine before the update and still works fine on my wife's zvd phone on the same wireless network sitting on the same couch running only one phone at a time.

Any one else try this?  Is it working for your phone?

1 2 3 4 5 6 13 Previous Next