Nexus S Software Update - IMM76D (Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Upgrades device operating system to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Customizable favorites tray visible on all 5 home screens just above the hard keys
- Contacts application replaced with a People application that provides improved integration with Gmail, Email, Google+ and other apps
- Multitasking allows users easy access to switch between recently used applications by tapping and holding the Home key
- Create folders on the home screen by dragging and dropping one app onto another to create a folder
- New lock screen actions allow users to jump into the camera or pull down notifications to check messages, without unlocking the device
- Swiping from left to right can dismiss individual notifications, close apps from the recent apps list, and close browser tabs
- Data usage provide controls for monitoring and managing network data usage
- Camera enhancements include capturing panoramic photos, continuous focus, zero shutter lag exposure, stabilized image zoom and decreased shot-to-shot speed
- Android Beam allows two NFC-enabled devices to exchange favorite apps, contacts, music, videos and more
- Software version is: IMM76D
- Please DO NOT remove the battery during the update
- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages over a 10-21 day period. Device selection is random
- Refer to the Samsung Nexus S Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - fixed NFC typo
This is hysterical. I decided to quit waiting and loaded 4.04 to my phone last night. Do I need to do anything now like reset it to GB and then update via OTA? Or am I good. I haven't noticed any issues except my phone battery lasts longer and the radio is much better. You seemed like the right person to ask and any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
Can you post the link to download the .apk file for those of us who want to update it ourselves?
If you believe the update comes in the form of an .apk file, you may want to reconsidered updating your phone yourself.
Absolutely...still that made me chuckle a bit.
Thanks man i downloaded your version last week but quick question. The leaked version you posted is the same as the OTA right? Mine is working great and i really dont want to flash back to gingerbread and wait for the "OFFICIAL" OTA from Sprint. Let me know what you think.
Sprint is proud to have been named to The Civic 50, an annual survey of America?s most community-minded companies.