This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 2:53 PM by Shor-tey RSS

HTC EVO 4G will not turn on! >_<

Clarensa Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

It keeps turning on until it gets to the Sprint 4G screen, shortly after it RESTARTS. It has been doing this since last night and i need HELP. How do I get it to go to my main screen without restarting again??? HELP PLEASSSSSSEEEEE

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4G will not turn on! >_<
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Make sure phone is turned off , pull battery for 2 minutes and put battery back in, should power back to normal screen. Also make sure that it has enough charge to reboot or plug the charger  to reboot. Try that step and  let me know.

Abe

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4G will not turn on! >_<
    jorgeildv Regular Visitor

just pull the battery, hold the power button 10 seconds without the battery. pue the battery back and try to turn on, if not, go to a sprint store. i hope its helps

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4G will not turn on! >_<
    GeekOfTexas Bronze Expert

If none of the other suggestions work and you want to try to avoid a trip to the store, hard reset your phone with the keys.

Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card.

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC EVO 4G is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
    2. Hold the Volume Down button
    3. Press and release the Power button
    4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
    5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
    6. Press and release the Power button
    7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications and personal info will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4G will not turn on! >_<
    Shor-tey Newbie

Ok.I can get the option to choose. I hit clear storage, but when it goes to the yes or no screen it freezes then tries to turn on. It will then turn on until it gets to 4g screen then just starts all over again. Will not factory reset. Tried this multiple times. Any ideas?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points