This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2012 3:04 PM by chenryiii RSS

Overdrive Pro USB Charging Problem

Regular Visitor
Currently Being Moderated

I use the Overdrive Pro through a reseller.  Not sure if that means I can't ask a question here.  I'm not asking Sprint Technical folks to help me.  Rather I'm just hoping one of the regular Sprint users here may have experienced the same issue and may have a solution.

For over a year I've connected to the Internet through the USB cable to the Overdrive Pro.  Throughout that time, I've noted, with satisfaction, that the device is not only giving me connectivity but is also simultaneously charging the battery.  For example, frequently I've noticed that when I first connect in the morning the battery level is noted to be a tad low, 30% or 40% or whatever.  However, through the course of the day, the battery charges; usually by the end of the day I'm up to 100%.

Until three days ago.

Suddenly it seems as if the charging function through USB has been disabled.  For three days now the only power indication on the Overdrive Pro has been Low Battery.  And that Low Battery remains unchanged throughout the day.

What could have changed?  What's gone wrong?  How can I fix this?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Overdrive Pro USB Charging Problem
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Sorry for the inconvenience. There are no settings to disable USB charging from Overdrive Pro. There may be issue with charging cable or Overdrive Port Pin. I would suggest you to visit Sprint Service and Repair Center to have your USB charging cable and Overdrive Port.

Abe

• 2. Re: Overdrive Pro USB Charging Problem
    Regular Visitor

Hmmm;  not saying you're wrong necessarily.  However the functionality of the USB cable seems otherwise 100%; I'm getting perfectly good connectivity, perfectly good speeds, perfectly good latency, perfectly good pings, etc. etc.  Would that be the case if it was the USB cable causing the charging problem?

• 3. Re: Overdrive Pro USB Charging Problem
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Charging functionality is related with hardware, not a software issue. As mentioned in my post issue may be with USB cable or Overdrive Charging Port and has to be tested to resolve charging issue.

Abe

• 4. Re: Overdrive Pro USB Charging Problem
    Regular Visitor

Would one way to test it be to connect it to AC instead of a computer to see if the charging would then start to work?

• 5. Re: Overdrive Pro USB Charging Problem
    abe2020 Sprint Employee

Yeah, it's worth trying to directly connect it to AC and check if Overdrive charges or not.

Abe

• 6. Re: Overdrive Pro USB Charging Problem
    Regular Visitor

Well, it just seems to create more questions.

I did as you suggested.  IMMEDIATELY not only did the battery start charging, but the legend then said, NOT that the battery was low, but that it was almost fully charged!  It said 99% remaining.  ***?

So then I switched back to the USB connection to the laptop, -- and the device now continues to say not only that the battery is almost fully charged at 99%, but that, regardless, the battery is being charged!

I have no idea what's going on, I don't understand why it now says it's charging through the USB cable whereas before it said it wasn't, I have no idea why it said Low Battery before and now it's saying the battery is 99% charged, etc. etc.  Like I said, ***?  Really confused now.  I still don't understand what's happening.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points