This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 33 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2012 5:26 PM by codieterrell RSS

Unable to make/receive phone calls?

smc1216 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone having issues making/receiving phone calls?? This started for me around 4PM today and now my boyfriends phone is doing the same thing.  We are on the same account.  All other features of the phone (text, email, etc.) are still working.  Is it just us?

• 1. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    Bigmakjr Newbie

Same here in east central indiana. All 5 of my lines a

re not able to text or call, send or receive

• 2. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

I am sorry that you are having issues with making and receiving phone calls. Can I please get a zip code and or an address close by so I can pinpoint if there is an outage in your calling market.

Thanks,

Ray

• 3. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    alohaaimee Newbie

I have had this problem for months. It started out as soon as Sprint picked up the iPhone (I had a Blackberry Curve 8350). I barely had one bar of reception, and calls would go straight to voicemail and I wouldn't get text messages until hours later when I left my home neighborhood. Outbound calls would fail, repeatedly, unless my phone went into roaming.

Interestingly, my husband also has a Sprint phone (an iphone) through work and has NEVER had this problem, which is why I thought it would improve after I got an iPhone.

I just got an iPhone 4s, and I'm having the same issues. My husband's phone (corporate account) still works fine

I am in Chicago, zip code 60647, close major address is 3400 W. Fullerton.

• 4. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    gtp.builder Newbie

Same thing for both of my lines. It takes multiple times for any calls to connect. I will CANCEL if sprint doesn't improve it's service soon. Never had this problem with Verizon. My zip is 46526.

• 5. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    learynbeer Newbie

I have started having the same problem as of this afternoon. Around 3pm central. First it was my wifes phone, and now mine too. Our Zipcode is 75035, I did a soft reset, hard reset, reset network connections, took sim card out  etc, and it says phone can not be activated...It doesnt say spring on next to the bars..Mine still does.

I am able to still send texts, but Ive been told that if people call me, it will ring a few times and it goes to voicemail...Pretty frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh, when i set up her phone using itunes, it says is not activated, when i set it up as a new phone, it doesnt say that, but if i go under network, it says not available on both.

• 6. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    2149299959 Newbie

I have 3 phones on my account.  No service (phone and text) on any of the phones.  It started this morning at 11:00am (05/13/2012) my zip code is 75035.  I cant even call *2 (Sprint customer service)...what's up?

• 7. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    supernoj Newbie

Having the same issue zip code 78664, iPhone 4s not able to recieve/make calls. I am able to recieve texts/emails (but I am also connected to WiFi so maybe that's the only reason I am able to do those). Someone help!

*Edit* My wife's phone (same as mine, and same account) is not working either!

• 8. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    laelia00 Newbie

78758 - Unable to send or receive calls since mid-morning. Texts are working on and off, sometimes deliverable as iMessages, sometimes as SMS, sometimes not at all. Tried turning the phone on/off, a hard reset, and contacted online chat who did something behind the scenes and had me turn my phone on and off twice and who swore it would be fixed in an hour if I just waited and turned my phone on and off again. Then again, they also told me to call tech support after it was fixed which I protested was impossible because if it were fixed, I wouldn't need to call, and if it wasn't fixed, I wouldn't be *able* to call. DUMB.

Any updates/fixes?

• 9. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    MrBennett512 Newbie

78641 Leander,TX...Same thing 2 iphone 4s's no calls but can text etc...very angry i had to call 911 and couldnt because of this.

• 10. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    chiricanita Newbie

Taylor, Tx 76574...Unable to receive or make calls anywhere (not in Killeen,Georgetown,Round Rock, Austin) or text, the texts we receive are very late,or you receive 20 of the same one. We all have full bars, but nothing is happening!!!!!! I'm so mad, it's the 3rd time in less than 6 months. And their excuse is 'THE TOWERS ARE DOWN" the tower map doesn't even show towers around here, maybe in the future they are going to build one in Round Rock. Back in december we were 22 days with no signal (we have 5 lines) at least they give me a discount for 2 weeks. We are paying for nothing, this is the worst phone company ever. Ah, and they offer me "TO BUY" something to improve my signal for $120.

• 11. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    lshfeline Newbie

78641 - all day with no service, still no service.  Chatted with Sprint earlier this evening, they said service should be restored by 2100 hrs.  Been with Sprint for est. 15 yrs, love their service, but sure wish we could get some sort of an update.

• 12. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    raylitherland67 Sprint Employee

I am sorry that everyone is having problems with making calls. I do know that we were having issues in the Austin and surrounding areas yesterday and was told that all is resolved, but I am still seeing and hearing that customers are still experiencing dialing issues. I would suggest you call technical support and get this reported in and possibly get a trouble ticket re-submitted.

Ray

• 13. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    shelby401 Regular Visitor

I'll just copy and paste my post from 2 other threads to this and every thread that mentions poor or no service.

I'm in Lake County, IL, far north burbs (60046). I've had NO service at all since Monday (5/21). I've spent the last 3 days on the phone with Sprint for HOURS! I've gone to the Sprint repair store. I've been told so many different stories it's disgusting. I can't call or text anyone, no calls or texts come into my phone. But magically Sprint has called my phone twice and it worked. Now the really weird part is, I can drive 3.5 miles to be out of my zip code and as soon as I'm in the next zip code I have service. My kid has the same phone as me and is on my account and his phone works. The only difference is, his firmware version is one up from mine. The store was not able to upgrade my firmware, the tech never had that happen before. He said nothing was wrong with my phone. One lady at Sprint told me I wasn't even showing up on their network, ***?! My only option was to replace the phone for $37 w/tax! I was also told the towers were the problem and they all won't be done until August. I've been going in circles and have no choice but to replace my phone, through no fault of my own. I will be leaving sprint after 13 years.

• 14. Re: Unable to make/receive phone calls?
    Emrys721 Newbie

I am in zip code 35205.  I cannot send or receive calls or texts!  I have been experiencing problems for a couple of weeks, but now I am completely shut out of the network.

Help!

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points