1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 8:06 PM by b_hamster RSS

HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!

WoodrowCall Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I have been having problems everytime I make or recieve a phone call, the screen goes black and it doesn't matter if a press the on/off it will not do anything. Only happens with phone calls.

Anybody is experiencing this problem?Thanks!

• 1. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    KSERGE Regular Visitor

The light sensor is behind the glass just under and to the left of the speaker grill. It seems very sensitive. Check to make sure its not covered with anything. Mine is sensetive enough that I wouldnt be surprised if a screen protector caused an issue.

• 2. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    WoodrowCall Newbie

I took the screen protector off and still have the same problem. It works good in bright places, but as soom you go somewhere dark, the screen shuts off. (Calls Only)

• 3. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    peteyd429 Regular Visitor

Yours is not the only one.  read down on the link, the black screen issue comes up.  i have had it happen too along with awful data issues.  i changed back to my EVO 4G so i had something usable.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/555483-data-connectivity-issues-evo-4g-lte.html

But wait till you go thru the crazy and worthless repair work... then be told that it has to be replaced but out of stock... then you have to pay for a new phone to be shipped to you sometime when they get them and refund you the difference down the road...

after 14 years of being a sprint customer i have never felt so frustrated for doing a pre-order or web-order... NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infact the **** procedures that you have to jump through for the whole process of diagnosing what you told them at the start and to try and even return the thing has been a major let down...

**Do make sure to contact them and file an E-Ticket, also you only have a 14 day return policy now, so make sure that haults till your problem is fixed**

• 4. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    TURBOAWD Newbie

i had the same issue with the screen going black, except in bright light.

i had put on a ZAGG hd Invisible Shield screen protector, which even had a little notch for the light sensor cut it.  but i looked closer with a flashlight, and the light sensor is actually wider than the cutout in the ZAGG shield.  on the phone, there is a round light sensor, and next to it is a rectangular sensor as well it seems. 

i peeled the shield off a bit, and cut the corner off a little with scissors, and now the phone works good.

hope that helps.

• 5. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    StevenPlumlee Newbie

I have had my Evo LTE for about a week and I should have known there was a problem when I got it at the Best Buy Mobile store - they had a terrible time getting teh system turned on and it just kept going round and round. 

From the HTC site, I know that the flashing buttons at the bottom is the warning that you are going to do a soft-reset, however even after doign a soft-reset, the screen doesn't come on in my case.   Has anyone else had that issue?

-Steve

• 6. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    shoppingsmartypants Newbie

My HTC LTE has the same problem with the screen going blank,without a screen protector, so I don'nt think it has to do with a screen protector.

• 7. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    Dirk_ Newbie

I know what the problem is. I'm not sure if you can tell but, if you look at that corner of the screen its slightly raised, that is the problem. If you press down on that corner and not cover the sensor, you will notice that it will work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=27421635&postcount=77

• 8. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    Leonghitis Newbie

Same problem here with the screen going black on a phone conversation. To wake it up, had to press the start button, but after 2 minutes, it would go black and lock, and if I was in a phone call, I could not unlock and could not hang up. I spoke to HTC and Sprint support.

I was told it was the proximity sensor that sits on left next to name "htc". When you covered with the finger or your face, should turn the screen off to prevent accidental dialing on the keypad, but when move to light away from the face, should turn the screen on.

I returned the phone, got a new one, and had the same issue so I returned it again. Too bad, because I love the phone, nice feel. great camera and the multiple shooter is amazing.

Will wait and see and back to use my old Evo, which works great, with the exception of the small ram, which limits the number of apps..

• 9. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    14KNIGHT Sprint Employee

This is a known issue  and htc is looking into it.   One of the cause of this problem is 3rd party  screen protectors

that cover all of the glass.  Are you using one of these?

• 10. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    fireguy_6364 Master

so basically its causing the sensor inside to sit further inside than its supposed to be. makes sense that once it notices the light change that it would have a hard time sencing the change up to go back.

• 11. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    Leonghitis Newbie

no screen protector used.

• 12. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    chan_619 Newbie

Its not anything of an issue with the phone. I was thinking the same thing about my EVO the fix isnt really a fix its about getting to know your phone...I was on the phone with someone and I was trying to get the phone screen to unlock...the trick is to move your finger across the top of the screen where the sensor is going right it should unlock its not a flaw or anything it worked in low light conditions also...let me know if it works for you guys....

• 13. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    shoppingsmartypants Newbie

So far this is the best explanation, I'll try and get back to ya. I went to best buy with the intention of returning the phone, and after explaning the problem, they placed a call several times and the phone worked fine. So I agree with you, it's a matter of getting used to the phone. I'll keep monitoring the situation.

• 14. Re: HTC EVO LTE Screen problem!
    Leonghitis Newbie

I tried multiple times with tech support, HTC as well as Sprint, and I was unable to do get the screen to open. It should work just perfect: dark when close to the face and wake up with light. No moving fingers or other tricks to make it work. Either it works well, or is defective. Imagine going dark and then locking while you are in a conversation and you want to hung up and you can't because you cannot unlock.

I miss the camera and the shooter and Sense.

Once they fix the problem, I will reorder it. In the meantime will explore other devices. S3, Note, etc.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points