1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 11:11 AM by smotrs RSS

HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY

WOOLFPAKATTACK Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

"unpullable" battery. so what happens when the battery stops charging or the life of it starts to go down. batteries can last only so long before their life starts to degrade and won't hold a charge anymore

• 1. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    seeblue1 Bronze Expert

A properly maintained and well-treated battery will last several years (or longer). It may lose 10% or so a year in run-time.

There are numerous third-party sellers and repair companies whom will upgrade your battery for you for a price (about $70 to $100).

Some users purchase an auxiliary battery case or battery-charger for back-up on the go.

Remember, there are some 75 million devices made by another manufacturer whose users have/had a device with a sealed battery.  They're getting along OK, some using the steps above, others never needing to ever do anything.

• 2. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    BellFamily632 Regular Visitor

Any tips for taking care of the battery efficiently? As far as when not to have ot on charger or phone settings. I'm pretty experienced with handling battery but I just want to make sure I'm getting the best possible outcome from my battery.

• 3. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    seeblue1 Bronze Expert

Heat (generated from using a fast charger, for example, or from a hot environment like a car interior) is an enemy.  Secondly, complete discharges will shorten life. If possible, get into a routine to start charging at 20%. It's not necessary to charge up to 100% and may prolong the battery in part as less risk of overcharging.

Partial charges to top up before use (say, you were at 40% and topped up to 70%) are fine and cause no harm.

Overcharging is bad, so use the manufacturer's supplied charger.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/do_and_dont_battery_table

As far as getting the most life out of a charge, manage push notifications, location services, widget services, active backgrounds, use of streaming video and audio content, and screen brightness.

• 4. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    fireguy_6364 Master

also try to avoid leaving the phone on the charger once it is fully charged. that is also bad. im guilty of leaving it on the charger over night.

• 5. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

Caring for Lithium Ion Polymer batteries, such as the one contained within the HTC Evo 4G LTE would consist of minimizing exposure to high heat, and trying to keep the battery topped off. Dicussing the matter recently with a person in direct communication with the Manufacturers, and has much to do with getting new phones, and facilitating the launch in some ways he has informed me that one will maximize battery life, and capacity by keeping it as charged as possible, and keeping the Temperature below 50ºC ( Apx 122ºF ).

• 6. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    HEADWOUND99 Newbie

Not being able to "pull" the battery limits you when the device's micro USB charging port malfunctions. I was considering upgrading from an EVO 4G to the LTE because the 4G's port went out last month. I would be dead in the water if it wasn't for an after market charger and the ability to easily pull the battery. 

Sorry EVO LTE, I'll pass until you make a user servicable battery.  I wouldn't buy a car that the manufacturer designed it so that I couldn't change my own oil.  I'm not going to buy a phone where the manufacturer engineered it to make me dependent on them to do something as simple as changing the battery. 

• 7. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    fireguy_6364 Master

one major thing to take into consideration though is currently most LTEVO owners are getting a day and a half up to two and a half days out of a charge (depending all on what they have been doing with their phone of course).. where say the SIII has been getting maybe a day tops...possibly a day and a half with light to medium usage.

• 8. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

That's good to know, whenever a new generation of phone is created I'm always astounded by the leaps & bounds made in way of progress and advancements, I usually see them as super phones..at least for a brief period.

• 9. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    fireguy_6364 Master

i have yet to see anyone in the SIII forums bragging about getting 2 days out of a charge..heck not even a day and a half unless they barley used it..

oddly enough if im remembering right theyre both using the same chipset...so where is the difference between the 2 phones that would make such a drastic change? aside from one having a removable battery and the other non removable.

quick Q&A... i have spotted here and there some still seeing the sense reload deal...has anything been looked into with this? i know i still have it on my OEVO...i would have thought this would have been figured out by now 3 phones later.

• 10. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    RC1024 Sprint Employee

I've seen Sense reload when returning to home screen from time to time on all HTC models that use Sense. How often is it happening, do you use active wallpaper/lock screen? Which widgets do you have on your home screens, do you usually press the house button, or back arrow to return to home?

• 11. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    smotrs Master

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that Face Time feature. The one that constantly scans to see if your face is visible rather then use a light sensor like the LTEVO.

And yes, I still get the Sense reload on mine.

• 12. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    smotrs Master

Don't believe FireGuy has the LTEVO yet, still using the OEVO. However, in my case, it happens anywhere from 1-3 times a day to me, usually when I'm in another app for an extended period, e.g. Web Browser. When in the Browser, I usually hit the Home Key, in other apps I usually hit the Back Key as that's how some of them have the exit setup.

• 13. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    fireguy_6364 Master

yah im still running the OEVO until my son is back from NY...THEN i'll upgrade...but im assuming it happens the same with both the OEVO and LTEVO...from what i have seen its usually after running anything that taxes the phone for a duration..i can make it happen on a whim by going in and playing games like oregon trail or smurfs...play it for a bit..back out of the app and whalla..it happens..i still think it has something to do with sense shutting things down for better battery life...which its still shutting down sense somehow..ive also noticed a freezing of the screen sometimes when this happens...i just wait a lil bit and it will start working again...no changes or added apps...not sure if this also happens on the LTEVO or not..but this is what i have noticed over the duration of the sense deal.

• 14. Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE BATTERY
    fireguy_6364 Master

RC1024 wrote:

I've seen Sense reload when returning to home screen from time to time on all HTC models that use Sense. How often is it happening, do you use active wallpaper/lock screen? Which widgets do you have on your home screens, do you usually press the house button, or back arrow to return to home?

non live wallpaper.

weather/time-animations turned off

handcent

navigation

battery life

dolphin HD

flashlight

a folder w/ camera and video camera in it for quick access to both

doesnt really matter the combination of my home screen..its happened for quite a while now no matter how many apps i have on there or which ones..that one i tested back when all this first started happening..heck i even took ALL of them off my main screen to see what happened...same deal.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 2 points