1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2012 12:39 PM by AndrasLOHF RSS

Can't get HTC Sync to see phone

zx10guy Valued Member
Currently Being Moderated

So I have HTC Sync installed properly and it's open. I connect my phone to the computer via usb and I get the options of how I want to connect my phone.  I hear the sound of my computer telling me that the usb is connected, then hear it's disconnected, and then hear it's connected again (kinda strange).  Like I'm supposed to do, I select HTC Sync Manager and hit done.  A popup says Connecting to HTC Sync Manager.  After about 30 seconds, I get this message:

Unable to open  HTC Sync Manager on your computer.  Make sure the application is installed and open.

Looking at my computer on the HTC Sync Manager program, I see "No device"

Suggestions, please?     

• 1. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    Allen_CA Regular Visitor

Tried running it as a local admin?

• 2. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    zx10guy Valued Member

Allen_CA wrote:

Tried running it as a local admin?

Yep, just tried that to be certain and it has no effect.  The issue remains

It is interesting to note that I keep turning USB debugging off in the phone's settings, but it keeps turning itself back on everytime I connect via USB.  I dunno if this is related, though.    

• 3. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    Scorpion9541 Newbie

i had the same problem last week when i first got my phone, it seems that the HTC EVO 4G LTE is not yet supported by HTC Sync Manager (http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/) but u can still use the reg HTC Sync (http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-evo-4g-lte-sprint/software-updates).

• 4. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    zx10guy Valued Member

I did not know there was a difference.  Thanks!    

• 5. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    Scorpion9541 Newbie

No Problem i hope we will be able to use the HTC Sync manager soon!

• 6. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

Here is the response I received from HTC:

As of now James, the HTC Sync Manager is only compatible with our HTC One devices. As much as I would like to give you a better answer, we're given no indication of if or when our engineers plan to test the new software for other devices. From here, I would recommend keeping an eye on our website for further information at htc.com

Hope that helps!!

• 7. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    zx10guy Valued Member

If this is the case, why does the 4G LTE immedialy say "Connecting to HTC Sync Manager" when you plug it into the computer?  Why does the phone say "Unable to open HTC Sync Manager on your computer....." when the connection times out?  Why does it have two main options when you connect the phone to the PC 1) Charge Only 2) Connect to HTC Syn Manager....  and lastly, if you choose Sync Manager as your sync option, why does it go to this page to offer you to download Manager? http://www.htc.com/www/software/htc-sync-manager/

Don't mean to be asking redundant questions, but all of these options are here for Sync Manager yet you're suggesting Sync Manager isn't even currently planned on being supported?  This makes no sense to me.    

• 8. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

Don't bite the messenger.  Just telling you what HTC told me.  I agree with your points.  Also, the instruction manual tells you to install the sync manager by clicking on the autorun program that comes up when you choose HTC Sync Manager on the phone.  Personally, i think it's crazy and frustrating because it appears that everything works...it's just that the program isn't recognizing the phone. 

• 9. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    zx10guy Valued Member

Sorry, I did not mean to sound frustrated at you -- I really wasn't and I realize that my text sounded that way hah.  I was just writing and taking notes as I was uninstalling Manager and plugging in my phone to the computer....so those sentences were just kinda me talking out loud

I appreciate the info.

• 10. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

No problem.  I understand.... I was very annoyed when they sent me that reply.   I really, really like the new Sync Manager.  It is finally something that can compete with iTunes.  And once you install it and see it, you learn that someone didn't turn the switch on and you can't use it.  So, I completely understand.  I hope they get this resolved quickly because HTC Sync 3.2.30 isn't cutting it.

• 11. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    Shane_M Sprint Employee

pharaoh0 wrote:

No problem.  I understand.... I was very annoyed when they sent me that reply.   I really, really like the new Sync Manager.  It is finally something that can compete with iTunes.  And once you install it and see it, you learn that someone didn't turn the switch on and you can't use it.  So, I completely understand.  I hope they get this resolved quickly because HTC Sync 3.2.30 isn't cutting it.

This should be corrected now and supports the EVO 4G LTE. Let me know if you have any issues with using Sync Manager please.

• 12. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    smotrs Master

I'll have to give it a shot when I get home. Thank for the update Shane.

• 13. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

Well....the website says it now works with the Evo 4G LTE....HOWEVER, it still doesn't work.  Not sure what the deal is, but the version is still the old version, 1.0.34.4169.  I would think they would need to either upgrade the version or send an update to phone for this to now work.  Perhaps someone forgot to link to the new version on the website.  But, thanks for looking for this.

Shane_M wrote:

pharaoh0 wrote:

This should be corrected now and supports the EVO 4G LTE. Let me know if you have any issues with using Sync Manager please.

• 14. Re: Can't get HTC Sync to see phone
    pharaoh0 Silver Expert

This has now been updated to version 1.0.39.1.

For some, this may work.  For others, they may be a 10001 error (htc says they are working on this).

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...